Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I stumbled across this site not long ago and have been doing some heavy duty spying...just to be sure that this was actually real. :) You know what they say about things that seem too good to be true...I'm thinking this is actually a safe place to be authentic though...and I can't tell you how grateful I am.

It's the unending explanations that exhaust me. I can understand that my family & friends don't understand me, but I so wish I could just tell them, "Please don't ask me to explain. It's like trying to explain snow to someone who lives in Haiti. I could go on for hours and you're still not going to get the whole picture." I tried that once....explaining snow to someone who'd never seen it and the harder I tried, the most confused they looked. "Well, yes, it frozen, but it's not like an ice cube...but it can have a hard crust sometimes. No, it doesn't make a sound when it falls, but sometimes it will squeak when you walk on it... sometimes it's very wet, sometimes dry. It's soft, but it you get hit by a snowball, it hurts." You get the picture, I'm sure. :)

So, I'm looking forward to just "being" here. Thanks in advance to all of you who are going to be patient with me and share with me all you've learned about "us".

Gefn

·
Quo
1,964 Posts
Welcome Gefn!

Its nice to be yourself now and again, eh?

What you said about the snow, it reminded me of a tv ad a while back, it was of two old African men in some posh hotel, it started snowing outside and they ran down and played in it like kids. The slogan for the ad was "There is a first time for everything". Anyway it was a nice. Welcome along!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! You two probably have no idea how thrilled I was to see your postings. You know how it feels to introduce yourself....and be met with complete silence. :) So, thank you! Your welcomes mean alot! :)

Davey...I write fancy? Most people think I write like a moron. They don't seem to appreciate my little.....dots instead of periods. Obviously, I don't care enough to actually change....:)

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Gefn! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts