Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take spanish class after work. There's a nice girl in the class. We hit of pretty easily, and the teacher, takes great pleasure in pointing out how much of a "couple" we are. The girls certainly doesn't mind the blatant suggestive jokes of the teacher.

However; while 3 of us (me, some guy, and the girl) are walking home, the guy asks her how old is she (it was her birthday) ..she avoids the question (naturally). To get her to answer, he asks me my age .. in my usual honesty I say that I am 18. The girl then looks at me with this sad expression and asks "but when are you getting 19 ?" When i saw the look on her face, and heard that tone, I lamely mumbled that i'd be turning 19 soon ( i won't be 19 until may next year , LOL ).

Eventually, when we reach the bus stop she tells us her true age. She is 20.

Me being the stereotypical virgin, womanless, S.A. male ..would like to be optimistic about this, but my logic centres keep replaying those 10 seconds to me : [ "but, when are you getting 19" ].

I'm guessing, she doesn't like the idea of dating someone younger.

Oh well, another day, another opportunity, another impending 'let's just be friends" ... nothing new.

·
Registered
433 Posts
This is just my opinion.

Your age may hold you back, but now it seems like your "wussy" attitude is what will truly hold you back. If you think you don't have a chance with her anyways, then you might as well call her out on it. Mention the fact that there are plenty of immature guys well into their 20's, and plenty of mature guys in their teens. If she chooses her next significant other solely based on a number, she will never find true love. Be aggressive, and show her that you act older than your age.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
There is someone for everyone. If she doesn’t want to date you then that may be expected but you don't want someone who doesn’t want you. Find someone who will treat you well. If it doesn’t happen with this one then keep trying and it will. A 2 year age gap ain’t nothing so don’t let it stop you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.