Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
need more than affidavits
1,261 Posts
I'd probably learn to fly planes, then a business private jet. Try to start a private charter jet ferry business. Build some tennis court parks, maybe start a tennis resort and hotel/restaurant.

As for community concerns. I don't know, if money was "no object", assuming tens or even hundreds of millions, I'd try to get some private organization going, away from the corruption of local and city governments wasting (or profiting from) federal and state allocated homeless funds, hire some lobbyists, whatever to get better zoning to build cheaper smaller housing, so homeless could move in there, or at least room by room shelters, not the current camp like ones . I'd seen one work in the past with rooms like a hotel with observation staff to help mental or addicted people undergoing rehab and kept a bunch of them not homeless. The homeless situation is just getting out of control at the end of the last decade and at the beginning of this one, with far more homeless not really reported, many in cars, rv's or vans, and maybe more regulated and night-security guarded "homeless parking lots" needed for those mobile types of homeless too.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,382 Posts
I wouldn’t change too much. I would relocate for sure, buy a small patch of land with a couple properties, one would be my home with a mini studio, the other would be a fully equipped studio, keep a small loft in whatever nearby city, & every once in a while travel somewhere they speak Spanish to try to gain functional fluency in the language. I’d also travel to witness at least one full solar eclipse & if possible fly up to see Earth from space

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would purchase a large house and turn it into a cat rescue. I would also use this money to pay for my necessities so I can spend my time reading and writing....workout clothes too. Workout clothes are so expensive.

·
Irretrievably Lost
2,706 Posts
I wouldn’t change too much. I would relocate for sure, buy a small patch of land with a couple properties, one would be my home with a mini studio, the other would be a fully equipped studio, keep a small loft in whatever nearby city, & every once in a while travel somewhere they speak Spanish to try to gain functional fluency in the language. I’d also travel to witness at least one full solar eclipse & if possible fly up to see Earth from space
Wow it's pretty crazy this is so similar to what I would do, minus the studios because I do not play an instrument and have no aptitude for music whatsoever. But, I would do almost exactly this. Have a house in the country somewhere, a small apartment in a nearby big city, and travel a lot. Spain is a country I've always really waned to visit and I took Spanish is high school so always thought it would be fairly easy for me too become somewhat functional in Spanish and visit Spain regularly as well as other locals in Latin America I've always wanted to visit like Argentina, Cuba, Peru, etc.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts