Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I'm from, McDonald's doesn't deliver, neither does Wendy's.
So I'm curious, if you live somewhere that has fast-food restuarants that don't do home delivery, how many of you would take advantage of that service?

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I probably wouldn't. The pizza places all deliver here and I rarely use that. Except maybe for the In 'n out burger place... they're always packed so I never go to those. But if they had delivery I might use it.

·
(.*?)
6,655 Posts
No. I get more anxiety waiting on a delivery, answering the door and dealing with holding the door open awkwardly than I do in driving over and ordering at the counter. Plus most of the times I get fast food I'm looking for the excuse to go somewhere more than the food (yeah, not the greatest atmosphere, but I have nowhere else to go).

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I suppose a social anxiety forum was the wrong place to ask the question lol.

Here's a better question: Do you guys believe, in an area of around 15,000 people, would it be too much to expect maybe 30-40 average people, every day, to have McDonald's or Wendy's delivered, if the option were available? I personally think it'd go over huge where I live, because the fast-food restaurants aren't downtown and there are a ton of people who live downtown who don't have vehicles. I can't imagine how many people every day sit at home, who'd consider McDonald's/Wendy's for dinner but order from Pizza Hut instead because they deliver...
If this service were available from 7am until 11pm(thats the hours of the fastfood places here), I have to believe enough people would order to make this profitable.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
If McD's delivered I'd be as big as a house.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I hate McDonald's, so no there. No to any of it, actually.
Very rarely do I order pizza or Chinese food and that's about it, so no, I wouldn't take advantage of that service.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I suppose, again, this question was mainly for the people who don't actually hate fast-fast food, people who occasionally will order in from a pizza place or Chinese, or any other place that does deliver.

As for tipping, it would say on my "menu" that tipping isn't necessary because, since I'm not officially affiliated with any fast-food chain, my delivery charges would be built on top of the total food price.
I was thinking:
$0.00-$10.00=$2 charge
$10.01-$15.00=$3 charge
$15.01-$20.00=$4 charge
$20.00+=$5 charge

$5 is the max I'd go, I think.

That being said, it seems so far everyone thinks it's a dumb idea except for 1 person I've told lol. I'm not sure why it's so far-fetched that enough people would want McDonalds or another fast-food delivered to them. By my math, I'd need 1200 orders a month, with an average delivery charge of maybe $3.50 over those 1200 orders to make this a decent business idea. That works out to 40 orders a day. 40 orders from 7:30am til 10:30am...15 hours. Works out to about 2.5 calls an hour, per hour, everyday. There would obviously be peak ordering times but I think 40 calls in 15 hours isn't unreasonable.

What I'm really looking for is constructive feedback. Even if you wouldn't get McDonald's delivered, I imagine it's gotta be at least somewhat profitable...

·
Banned
196 Posts
I'd want this delivered. But only if it's fresh. Week old kitten just makes me feel sick.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:lol Maybe if we were in a country like Korea or China(no offense intended).

Anyways, I bounced the idea off my weed dealer and he thinks it's brilliant.
I may start doing a little more local research on this to see if people would be interested in this service...but that may also encourage someone else to start a similar business.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have another question:
How many orders for delivery do you guys think Pizza Hut gets in a day? I'm talking about in a medium-sized town, of ten to twenty thousand people...Because I have to think Pizza Hut and McDonald's are equally as famous. In fact, I think McDonald's might even be more popular. People just aren't used to having McDonald's as an option for delivery...
I'd basically be the delivery service for my local McDonald's, Wendy's, and KFC...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Its inefficient and cost of labor is too high. Why would Mcdonald's want to deliver when they can serve about 50 customers in an hour per each register. It makes more sense for them to invest in an incentive to get people to come to the restaurant or make it more convenient to do so. If they start delivering, many people that would normally go through the drive thru would just order delivery, dramatically increasing the operating costs.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But..why wouldn't it be legal for someone to pay me to go get their food for them. They're still making money, I'm buying the food personally. Once it's mine, don't I own it, to do with what I please? Hmm..

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its inefficient and cost of labor is too high. Why would Mcdonald's want to deliver when they can serve about 50 customers in an hour per each register. It makes more since for them to invest in an incentive to get people to come to the restaurant or make it more convenient to do so. If they start delivering many people that would normally go through the drive thru would just order delivery, dramatically increasing the operating costs.
You're misunderstanding. I'm talking about the people for whom getting to McDonald's either isn't an option, or they're too lazy to do it.
The McDonald's and Wendy's in my town is a 5-10 Kilometre walk from the downtown apartments. There are thousands of people who live in them, many without cars. Also, the people who live in the "suburbs" are also too far away to walk and it's a 5 minute drive, both ways, and that includes getting up and driving, when gas is expensive. Why not just pay someone $3 to do it for ya lol.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts