Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this book on JFK for my history class and I sort of was wondering, if John F. Kennedy didn't die in November 1963, how would the USA be today? From I can base from the book, he proably would've not sent 100,000+ troops in Vietnam like LBJ and Nixon did. He would've had been relected in '64. There might've been a snails pace of civil rights legislation.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
The three things I can think of. Well the Federal Reserve wouldn't exist, we would be still be on the precious metal standard for our money, and we wouldn't have all these mentally ill Vietnam vets around due to Kennedy was against involvement in Vietnam.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The three things I can think of. Well the Federal Reserve wouldn't exist, we would be still be on the precious metal standard for our money, and we wouldn't have all these mentally ill Vietnam vets around due to Kennedy was against involvement in Vietnam.
Federal Reserve? It was before he took office. Or are you refering to that he would've abolished it or something? He did send "advisors" to Vietnam but it wasn't an acutal large-scale thing like LBJ or Nixon did.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Federal Reserve? It was before he took office. Or are you refering to that he would've abolished it or something? He did send "advisors" to Vietnam but it wasn't an acutal large-scale thing like LBJ or Nixon did.
He signed an executive order 11110 abolishing it. The treasury even started to print notes without the Federal Reserve Note heading on them. They soon stopped printing them after he was shot. Regarding Vietnam he wouldn't of expanded the war in Vietnam like LBJ and Nixon did.

·
Stay in your lane!
760 Posts
Maybe Marilyn would be alive too then? :no

·
SAS Member
2,774 Posts
I don't think much would've been different. He's a pretty overrated political figure. He had some disastrous policies like the Bay of Pigs fiasco, the Cuban missile crisis and heavy escalation of the Cold War. Him being assassinated has kind of added to his myth. He wasn't a great statesman.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was reading this book on his and I was really surpised about stuff:
*He had a Dr.Feelgood that supplied him with a ton of meds. If you seen clips of him all energetic and lively you know what I'm refering to. He had illness and injuries from his war years and from his college years. And I think Jackie might used some amph.
*He really didn't do much domestic stuff besides his hesistation on civil rights; and if you count the Peace Corps and VISTA and maybe an omibus bill here and there
*He really spent most of the time dealing with the Russians.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where do you think Bill Clinton get his "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" from? :)
I think JFK had a good detail back in the early 60s and proably swept all his affair bs under the rug.There isn't really much on his affairs he had. I mean Jackie proably knew he was in another woman's bed. He might've did Marylin...maybe.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
His personal life would have spilled out all over the press and Americans would remember him in a completely different light to how they do today.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
His personal life would have spilled out all over the press and Americans would remember him in a completely different light to how they do today.
I think his dad had covered up for him with all his affairs and Rx use he did. He had foot the bill for his Congress/Senate campaigns in the '50s and also for '60 election.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts