Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What makes me a loser is that I don't even try to make my life better for myself. If I tried and failed, I could learn from my mistakes and improve. I think laziness is a bigger problem than my anxiety. My fear controls me, and I can't face the world at all. I dropped out of college 2 years ago and have done nothing at all since then. That is the definition of a loser, and a coward.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think that makes you a loser, what makes you a loser is what you are going to do next after becoming aware of your current situation.

Now that you know that somethings in your life need to change in order for your quality of life to improve, and those things will take consistent effort on your part. Are you up to the challenge? or are you going to continue to spiral down the deep SA hole?

I would be lying to say that I was not in your situation at many points in my life. The difference is I choose to fight, to struggle, to fail, to learn and to improve.

What will you do?

Ali
www.SocialGrump.com

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I feel so bad for your situation. It's not like I am pitying you but I am sad because life becomes so much harsher when you get older. I am not that old but college was easily the best time of my life. You had little responsibilities, surrounded by young, good looking people everywhere you go and had the free time to pursue your hobbies. After graduation you notice how no one shares the same interests and everyone is old (40+). Real life sucks.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
you should find something you like to do. what kind of interests do you have? you could start with super small steps and find something you're incredibly passionate about, and then focus on pursuing that instead of focusing on how your life will go nowhere if you don't do anything. and going after something you like to do is a lot easier than going after something because society pressures you to do so because of age etc.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
What makes me a loser is that I don't even try to make my life better for myself. If I tried and failed, I could learn from my mistakes and improve. I think laziness is a bigger problem than my anxiety. My fear controls me, and I can't face the world at all. I dropped out of college 2 years ago and have done nothing at all since then. That is the definition of a loser, and a coward.
Your self talk is very similar to mine........don't believe everything your thoughts tell you...in fact don't believe anything.......your situation is not as bad as you think....your mind is making it worse.......try to get some perspective...don't make any important decisions with this frame of mind....

do I sound like one of those self-help books?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am at the same place. I've been out of high school almost a year and haven't done anything except spend my days on the computer. I want to get a job, but every time I start doing a job search I get discouraged and quit because I really don't feel like I am capable of doing ANYTHING. I want to go to college, but I can't even gain enough courage to fill out the application. I guess we just need to learn self motivation....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts