Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like we all think somewhat alike, our fears are triggered by very similar events and most of us are very shy. Would you feel comfortable sitting in a room together socializing or would you have that anxious feeling arise?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Depends if I was sitting with the people who have no friends and spend all day in the house, or the people that manage to have friends but are still a little nervous.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i don't really think i would feel too much fear and/or anxiety.
i would love to be surrounded with other people with SA. it would be like heaven on earth :)
there is a great chance that i might feel slightly uncomfortable but i don't think it would ever get to the point where i would have full blown anxiety attacks.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes, i would be shy now if someone approaches me and start talking and they introduce themselfs and seem really friendly...and said they struggle with SAD,'Welcome to The Social Anxiety MeetUp Group'...i will be all nervous but i would slowly open up to the person,and introduce myself to them and ask them questions about themselfs and the group,and i will get enough courage to speak to everyone, and talk and ask questions since we are all in the same boat.

·
Xtina Fan
193 Posts
Yes. My anxiety actually worsens when I am surrounded by a lot of people. Like yesterday I had to beg my big brother to come into Walmart with me cause I was too scared to go by myself. My heart was pounding like crazy :(

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I would probably be really anxious. The more people around, the higher my anxiety seems to get. If it was one to three people, I'd probably be okay, but a bunch of people, well, I'd want to leave.

·
Registered
296 Posts
If every. single. person. from this forum was sitting in a room, yeah I would feel nervous because that is quite a lot of people. I would definitely feel more comfortable being somewhere where social anxiety was ok to have and kind of expected. Since we all share some similar feelings and experiences with it, I don't think mingling would be too hard.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
People with SA judge just as much, if not more. So yes, most definitely.

·
Banned
1,593 Posts
I'd still feel anxious of course. Just the amount of people and having to see them in real life is a heavy burden. Just because we may share a mental problem doesnt mean we'll get along anyway. And there are some here with questionable SAD *rollseyes* and it wouldnt be a quiet and peaceful room im sure.
:agree With all of it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
It seems like we all think somewhat alike, our fears are triggered by very similar events and most of us are very shy. Would you feel comfortable sitting in a room together socializing or would you have that anxious feeling arise?
Anxious feeling. :(

There are some people on here that I may not feel so anxious around if it was just a small group, but I'd definitely be anxious in such a large group of people.

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
At one point in my life I managed to attend a 12 step type anxiety self help group for a few sessions. We would answer these random questions and I would be asked "when was the last time you had anxiety?" and my answer would of course be "I'm having extreme anxiety even being at an anxiety group, one place where you might think I could be comfortable." But I'd always be sweating worrying about what I was going to say when it was my turn next.

Sometimes, when the session would end I'd be out that door and in my car speeding down the street so fast it would make your head spin.

Kind of sad and pathetic, really.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts