Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say they charged you for 1 order and sent you 2 by mistake. Would you contact them and return 1? (assuming they haven't realized their mistake)

This is a website I like very much, but on the other hand they have thousands of customers and are sure as hell making a good profit. I, on the other hand, just quit my job.

What would you do? Be honest

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'd keep the extra. Unless its really not worth having so would pass it on. Example would be I just ordered a couple of concept art books. If got double delivery I would keep it and when someone on my course if having a hard time with concept art I would give it to them. I would like a cigarette in return though :b

At the end of the day, if your ordering from a worldwide company they really wouldn't care. If it was a little one then I would be inclined to give it back. To be honest, if you have ever torrented then there really is no difference.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Send a small, discrete, unimportant looking email about the mixup to a relevant contact of the company which deals with the sales. just send it to a generic Customer Service operator.

Keep a record of that email, and if they dont ask for it back within a month, it's yours! :D

Or you could just send it back. W/E :p

Oh and of course if they want it back they pay for shipping.

·
Banned
974 Posts
To be honest, this kind of thing has happened to me. I ordered $600 worth of privacy fencing from The Home Depot. They delivered 2 shipments. Wow, I know that was wrong of me not to say anything about it. I still feel so guilty. I should be ashamed of myself :spank

I had enough fence to go around both sides of the house.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's only $80 bucks worth of stuff in my situation. Although...600 actually makes the situation *more* difficult.

·
Registered
867 Posts
i would say keep it because they made the mistake. you would only give it back if they ask for it back

if i was that company and i made an error i would eat the lost provided it was not too much money and i would be more careful next time.

·
wooden hippie nice
1,639 Posts
At the end of the day, if your ordering from a worldwide company they really wouldn't care. If it was a little one then I would be inclined to give it back.
I feel the same way. If it was a small company I'd be more likely to let them know and to send it back, but if it's a large one then to be honest I wouldn't feel too guilty about it, knowing it likely wouldn't make a noticeable difference to their profits.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
It's the companies mistake, You are not obliged to send it back. If it's a faceless giganticorp then keep it, sell it, and give the money to charity.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Send it back

I would return it. If you want to be an honest person then you must do the right thing. I once got $5.00 to much in change from BK I went back through the drive thru and gave it back, because being a cashier in the past I know, you are held accountable for your drawer and its shortages. This might be the same with the online store employee that processed your order. Do you leave them to get in trouble and possibly fired because you want to keep something ?? I wouldnt! :no

Let's say they charged you for 1 order and sent you 2 by mistake. Would you contact them and return 1? (assuming they haven't realized their mistake)

This is a website I like very much, but on the other hand they have thousands of customers and are sure as hell making a good profit. I, on the other hand, just quit my job.

What would you do? Be honest

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
WOW , I am shocked and apalled by how many dishonest people are here!!! It was a mistake and yes it may be a big company BUT you should be an honest person and give it back!

·
Backstreet's Back ALRIGHT
1,006 Posts
I won't lie. I would keep it most likely depending on what it was LOL.

If they called or contacted me wanting it back, sure i'd send it. I don't see keeping it being that bad of a thing. Sure you didn't pay for it but it's not like you purposely took that item without paying in the first place.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
if it's a nice item, i would open one, and shelve the other one, so in case American Pickers comes to my place, i can sell it and claim it is in mint condition.

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
I would probably keep it if it was from a large company because it's their own fault. If it was a small company I would send it back. Yes, I am a shameless heathen. :boogie

·
Registered
302 Posts
This happened to me...but it was because they messed up my first order so it took forever but I eventually got it and I guess they sent another one just in case it never got to me. I kept both because I didn't really want to go through the process of returning it and because they messed up anyways

·
(.*?)
6,653 Posts
I guess I'd send them an email telling them they can have someone pick it up if they want it but I can't be bothered to handle shipping complications. If keeping it I'd be afraid they'd charge my card for the second one later.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts