Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i set an alarm on my cell, i just end up turning it off and going back to sleep. Its awful, every morning i wake up groggy and unable to force myself up. Its not that i dont get enough sleep. I am asleep by 11, and yet even at 8 i struggle.

Does anyone have any radical ideas???

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that, i would leave it on the outside of the room

didnt work, i picked my phone up, snoozed it and went back to sleep

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
Hire me brah.
I'll wake you up a new & exciting way every morning (No ****).

1 morning "ice cold water" alarm.
1 morning " Mask-man chain sawing your door off" alarm.
1 morning firecracker in bed alarm.
1 morning 5 pissed off pitbulls rushing in your room alarm.
1 morning glass bottle across the head alarm.
1 morning I'll Kim Kardashian, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, & Nicki Minaj sitting on your bed, fully nude, high as fuuuuu, rollin on XTC pills & ready to play in your room alarm.

you'll wake up in 2 seconds tops every moring.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
I hurl myself out of bed and onto the floor. The impact and pain that shoots through my body usually wakes me up pretty well.

Kidding kidding :). The best thing to do if you want to get up is make sure you get enough sleep. My body usually wakes me up when it's done resting. Otherwise I set the alarm.

·
Banned
1,918 Posts
I drink two full glass of water before bed and I keep my window blinds open for daylight. Those doesn't often work, though. I would get up semi-unconscious to use the bathroom and then end up going back to bed. I think the only thing that works for me best is the smell of breakfast.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Do you have to wake up early for work or school?

I noticed when I'm on vacation and don't have anything to wake up for, it's soo hard to find a reason to wake up early.

For work and school, it's easier/atleast manageable cause I know I can actually miss something.

But yeah, I set two alarms and set them 30 mins prior to when I have to wake up.
I also set the current time as being one hour earlier (lol tricks my mind sometimes and makes me wake up a bit to actually calculate the correct time).

I also used to take caffeine straight when I got out of bed, after throwing water on my face.

·
absurdinista
3,011 Posts
I am notorious for sleeping in, and I have cultivated a method for myself. I bought a great alarm clock from the Good Will, and it is loud as hell. I make sure I have to get up to turn it off. For emergency use, I bought a squirt bottle and will squirt myself in the face if I need to wake up- but I haven't had to use it yet, lol.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Throw your cell phone under your bed before going to bed. Finding it will be hell.

Also, old-fashioned alarm clocks with the ringing bells are so incredibly obnoxious that I find myself instantly awake and usually terrified.

Oh, and before you go to bed, set the coffee maker for like within ten minutes of when you need to be up. You'll have the smell of coffee, and the danger of ruining your coffeemaker if you just leave it for a few hours.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I set 2 alarms on my cell phone and one actual alarm clock - both are on opposite ends of the room.

When you wake up from the first alarm, GET UP. It's hard, but it'll get easier and easier. Don't lay back down, don't wait for another alarm, GET UP AS SOON AS THE FIRST ALARM GOES OFF.

Do it for a month and you'll be on a decent schedule - now, if only I could sleep past 7 am on weekends I'd be set!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I hurl myself out of bed and onto the floor. The impact and pain that shoots through my body usually wakes me up pretty well.

Kidding kidding :). The best thing to do if you want to get up is make sure you get enough sleep. My body usually wakes me up when it's done resting. Otherwise I set the alarm.
Too funny! I thought you were serious at first.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Water!

Get a pint glass, fill it up to the brim each evening. Sleep, wake up and if you feel yourself going back to sleep grab the water and throw it on your face.

Result. :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Get a big 4' double bulb shoplight fixture and a timer. Point it at the bed and set it to come on with your alarm. I know one person at the sleep clinic did that with 5 metal halides (about 10000 times brighter) because nothing else worked. The brain uses light to release the hormones that make you more awake and active as well as more outgoing and talkative.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts