Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
well, not dinner and a movie, because i'm afraid of eating in front of people... lol

maybe going to see an indie film, and then going to a park or a beach or something to drink and discuss the film (and other things)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The movie theatre. It's dark and I don't have to talk to him. :)

Not really!

Meeting up at this country church. (I know which one). Taking water bottles and trail mix bars and granny smith apples. Trust me. It's going to be a long ride. Trying to keep up with him well saying hey! Wait up. :) Biking to the bridge with the water underneath it and walking across the bridge. Then biking to the end of the road. Biking down that big long hill. Racing to see who makes it to the bottom of the hill the fastest. Sweating so much that you have to shower immediately when you come home. Spraying eachother with the water hose.

Renting a canoe or kayak and being taught to paddle.

Indoor rock wall climbing.

ATVing - The boys down the road are always doing it.

Snowboarding, Chinese food and wine.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Mine probably seems really cheesy as I've read too many lovely-dovey stories.

I'd like to drive out to a nice, quiet area, maybe by a lake or even a waterfall. Have a nice picnic under the trees and a cloudy sky with some nice classical music playing. We would just lay/sit on the blanket and talk and watch the sky and listen to the sounds of nature. Then, take a walk around, looking at the flora and fauna of the area before getting back in the car and him driving me home. The date would end with a shy kiss and some sweet parting words.

I've thought about this too much, I think. :b

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
A picnic in the mountains by this cool waterfall. Sandwiches and pie. Then we could go pick wildflowers and collect rocks. Maybe bring some mountain bikes and check out the trails for a while.

Another date I'd like is toss a cozy quilt on the floor, make some popcorn, and watch some dvds in my bedroom. Plug in two headphones into a double jack audio amp so it's an immersive experience for two. Probably be good for dancing too.

There's also this cool planetarium with a bunch of science exhibits and an actual moon rock on display. Next door there's this sports shop with a 3-story rock climbing cliff, and a bookstore with a coffee shop... There's also an amusement park with a bunge cord rocket launcher, roller coasters, water park, and go-carts. There's also a place that does indoor skydiving and surfing. And minature golf.

Then I know this nice swimming pool with two hot tubs, a secluded steam room & sauna, and private showers. There's this drive-thru nearby that makes really good grilled cheese sandwhiches, fries and slushies.
I know a good botanical garden to tour too.
All of these sound like fun! Hope you find the girl.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My ideal date would be horseback riding on a trail, followed by a nice, long soak in a jacuzzi, followed by some yummy food :yes

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Activity: watching films and eating food

It's like the old 'dinner and a movie' stand-by, but with minimum expense, minimum movement, and maximum comfort.

Anyone up for it?

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
As long as I would be with a great guy I liked, I wouldn't care where the date was. I would just be happy to be with him :)

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
meet up, go to a bar or some place to have a couple drinks, rank our top ten favourite albums and explain each one in depth (yea thats really fun for me). go to a concert, make fun of the crowd (especially if they are hipsters, bros, etc). leave and go get some cheap food since i'm too poor for $15 sushi. go wander downtown and sit in a park. get drunk off some cheap wine until we can hear the first birds of the morning start chirping, which is when i know it's probably time to get home and get some rest before i get too depressed.

and not mandatory but maybe some other fun activities at some point during the night

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
get a bottle or two of wine, some chinese takeout, a blanket, and find a dark and creepy place to hang out at night. a cemetery, a dark forest, or a cave. and with a swimming hole nearby. or sneak into a building on campus at night. :)

·
Banned
2,173 Posts
get a bottle or two of wine, some chinese takeout, a blanket, and find a dark and creepy place to hang out at night. a cemetery, a dark forest, or a cave. and with a swimming hole nearby. or sneak into a building on campus at night. :)
You have great taste LostPancake, seriously.:D

·
wtf
419 Posts
Wow, I just realized that I have never imagined an ideal date.

Rather, I imagine serendipitous encounters. I've got to stop watching romance movies, lol.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
One where I am not involved.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
**** up
Get ambushed
Zip in
Watch Animal Planet
Count pennies
Buy a soda

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
She would drive to my house and bring her bike with her. We would get on the bike path and ride to my favorite lake (it's near my house - not a long, horrible distance that would drain our energy but long enough to enjoy), with backpacks on that contain food, water, and a Frisbee or something...maybe a board game. When we got to the lake, we would eat our snack and then play around. After we got tired out, we'd just talk about our lives, silly things, make each other laugh. Then we'd ride back to my house on the bikes, I'd give her some cookies to take home, a hug and kiss goodbye...and that'd be it! Really simple, laid-back, casual, but still fun.

But an ideal date doesn't have to be exactly like that. If it's the right girl, we could do anything and it'd be amazing!

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Go to the library and read a book. With the wrong person I would be disaster, but with the right person it would be straight up super. One day I'll try it (hopefully).

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
1. Actually getting a woman to date. That must be overcome before, any fantasy can be entertained.

And if that materializes then we move to preparation H.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts