1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
where's the 'never' option? :cig

·
Registered
350 Posts
1,000 years in the future would be very interesting. I like technology a lot but fear that with all if also comes bad stuff like pollution, new ways to destory ourbodies and the world. If theres someplace to live in 1,000 years from now i'd be intrested in knowing the history of how we managed. I think its enough time for either some sort of technology utopia, or the exact opposite because we have so abused what we had. :hide

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
More then 1000 years in the future. I bet then technology is so far advanced that time travel exists, so that way I could visit any of those time periods. Theres probably been many medical advances too and cancer and other things are probably completly cureable, maybe they've even found a way to pretty much achieve immoratality. Maybe people don't even have to work then either, maybe everyone has robot slaves that do all the work. It'd be great. Of course theres also the chance that pollution and all has ruined the world and everyones living some boring existance underground.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Wow. Interesting question. I definitely wouldn't want to be born in the "dark ages".

I wouldn't mind being born 100 years in the past if you could remember what you know now. Just think how much money you could make...you'd know which stocks to invest in and know to take all your money out of the banks and stock market in 1929 (before the stock market crash and great depression).

As lonelioness pointed out, if you were born 1000 years in the future, you take the risk that we destroyed the environment or that we've computerized things to the point that all emotion has been taken out of existence. I don't think you'd appreciate living in the future any more than you appreciate living in the present unless you remembered living today.

·
Registered
170 Posts
1981 again, but born amish instead of not amish. while i'm not reilgious, i do envy their simple lives and clear sense of self-purpose. i truely believe many of society's (and my personal) problems are directly related to our current belief system and complex lives. the BBC produced a brilliant documentary on this subject several months ago titled Status Anxiety.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I would not be comfortable going significantly into the past or future. Going into the past would just mean having to live through all of the problems and calamities that have already happened. For example, although I like the 1960s psychedelic rock culture, I wouldn't want to go back there and be in the middle of rioting and Vietnam and whatnot.

As for going to the future, it's too risky for me. I mean, all things being equal, I'd be surprised if humanity didn't find some way to destroy itself in the next 100 years.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I've often wished I had been in the baby boomer generation growing up in the 50's. Times seemed so much simpler then and we didn't face all these problems we have in the world today. I don't think I would want to bring a child into this world today and leave them to suffer with this mess we have created.

·
Registered
177 Posts
mystic2102 said:
I want to live like like they did on "Little House on the Prarie"; either that or sometime in the 60's or 70's so I could go to Studio 54. :yay
:lol
That's quite a contrast!

I wish I'd been born well before they invented telephones and cars.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
1987..i wouldn't want to change it.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I'd like to have been born in the 80s. Oh wait I was born in the 80s :lol Actually I would like to have grown up in the 80s. Can't say why. I like 80s stuff. :stu

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wouldn't change the year I was born, but I would love to time travel into a different era to see how it was like and then come back to the present.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wouldn't change it, but if I had to change it I would want to be born in like 1905 so I could come of age in the 1920s (best decade ever!)

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
JCar said:
I wouldn't change it, but if I had to change it I would want to be born in like 1905 so I could come of age in the 1920s (best decade ever!)
How is the 1920's the best decade ever? It was party time in America until the Great Depression wipes everything out at the end of the decade...
The world is just getting over a devastating World War, and flu pandemic that kills millions....Then you have a decade of worldwide poverty and homelessness, the rise of Nazi Germany and the Axis Powers....World War II....You would be much better off coming of age in 1950's.... :lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
well id rather not have been born but anyways i guess if i had to be and i got to pick when....id say in the 1800's on a farm....

·
Registered
15 Posts
1988...I believe there is a reason for everything, including my SA...so I wouldn't want to change the year I was born..cause I was born then for a reason.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd keep everything the same.

I don't think anybody will be here a thousand years from now.

Maybe a hundred years from now, modern medicine will have discovered the foolproof magic pill that cures/controls all SA.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1,000 years in the future... it would be interesting to see what the world will be like then..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts