Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that people won't tell you when your'e pants are unzipped or anything else that is clearly an embarrassment to you? I mean, I would really appreciate it when someone tells me that my pants are unzipped and be embarrassed for a moment than to be embarrassed for an hour or two (if and when I notice it myself). I went the supermarket the other day and my pants were unzipped (very embarrassing) and I went through the checkout line and everything and I noticed the cashier was looking at me strange but did not say one word. These few words "Your pants are unzipped" would have saved me the embarrasment of walking around for another 5 or 10 minutes like that. Is it so hard to say that? I really pisses me off when I think about it. Am I being too realistic here?

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
I guess most people feel uncomfortable mentioning something personal like that. But I agree with you, I would prefer it if someone told me my fly was open, or that I had food on my face, my slip was showing, or whatever.

·
Not wearing pants
387 Posts
I feel your pain. I worked for 5 hours last night without anyone telling me that a button on my pants was undone.

I think it's because other people feel weird mentioning it. Maybe they're scared that you'll think that they were staring at your crotch if they tell you that your zipper's down--I know I would be!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.