Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to say if you're gay/bi or any other sexual orientation, plus how does SA influences on your sexual life. Do you have any problems having a date with a boy/girl due SA?

I've met a couple of boys from my 9th grade and it was great.
However I can say I feel more comfortable around boys (gays/bis)than girls... lol, I like them, though.

I'll just pass any offensive comments, if you're not gay and want to "hate around" here who's gay, I strongly advise to bug off, thanks!

:)

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
For a long time I considered myself bi but for whatever reason it seems that my orientation is changing more towards the lesbian side. SA has definitely affected my dating and finding anyone. Plus I live in a small-ish conservative town, that doesn't help the situation. We have no gay clubs or bars anywhere and I don't drink, so the only good places to meet are online. Taking a relationship from online to real life is stressful too. Can't give up hope though, surely there's someone crazy enough that would want to be with me.

·
Iam building a religion
2,834 Posts
alot of the girls here are from what ive seen

·
Registered
132 Posts
I guess I'm bi. I'm not sure I like the term, though. A lot of people seem to think that it means you have sex with anybody and everybody, anytime, anywhere. And a lot of guys seem to think that means you are super kinky and horny all the time. (either that, or they claim that you can't be bi, because if you were, it would be no problem for him to join in with you and your girlfriend) I know not every single soul thinks like this, but it's enough people to make it annoying.

Actually, sex is not very important to me at all. I don't go running around looking for it. I feel like there are way more important things in life than trying to get laid everyday.

1,934 Posts
I call myself bi, and I have called myself pansexual too. But I'm sick of labeling myself. I'm just me. If I obsessed about my sexuality every second of the day I'd go crazy.

I do sometimes envy people whose sexuality is as simple and straightforward as "I like girls" and "I like guys." Meh. I try not to let it bother me too much.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i consider myself queer. it's a more ambiguous term. i feel odd if someone calls me a lesbian. i do find guys attractive as well but as far as relationships go i want to be with women.

if i were in a relationship and we get serious i feel like i have to be the provider so i put pressure on myself to have a career even though i'm not that fussed about it, and i feel like no woman will be interested in me if i don't have a career.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing your stories and I'm sure ya'll find anyone who really likes you!
Here in Lisbon, Portugal there are lots of gay bars and clubs but I haven't got the balls to get into one... at least by myself.

I'd like to meet new guys, though. lol

Guys are cool... love them lol

see ya. xD

·
Registered
956 Posts
I consider myself gay because it makes sense. I want to be in a relationship with a woman. When I was younger I was curious about dating guys, but now I can't really see myself dating a guy. And yeah SA kills my love life.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm bisexual. I don't know that I could, in my mind, isolate the SA from the other problems in order to tell you how it, specifically, has affected my love life. All I know is that I'm not capable of one, so whatever role it plays, and however much influence it has in my psyche, it certainly hasn't helped in that area.

·
Forever in Fantasy
560 Posts
I'm gay and SA has ruined my sex life, I think is because most gay guys tend to be very outgoing and loud. So it's like they hit a brick wall whenever they get to know me.
definitely.

i am extremely (overly) chill so i cannot stand being around the typical loud mouthed hyperconfident gay. nevermind a group of them.

it's all the more exciting anyway to meet a super chill guy and find out he's interested.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm gay, but the thought of other people knowing just gives me extreme anxiety. I want to tell my parents, but my mom wouldn't be able to keep it to herself for more than a day.

·
Manic Hispanic
5,406 Posts
Me I'm gay,and yeah the dating thing is kinda affected by me SA because any small flaw I have I worry about it so much and end up kinda panicky.

I feel more comfortable around guys too,just so long as they're not like jocks or like adrenaline junkies

559 Posts
I'm gay, but the thought of other people knowing just gives me extreme anxiety. I want to tell my parents, but my mom wouldn't be able to keep it to herself for more than a day.
I feel as though I am bisexual, or at least bi-curious. I have never been with a woman but have fantasized doing so since I was at least about 15. It's so hard to know who might be a lesbian though, and even harder knowing if they would be interested especially if you are shy about it like I am. The city I live in is pretty big and has different gay clubs, and gay-friendly eateries, but I don't feel comfortable going, especially by myself.

Pancake111, I can relate to how you feel. My mom is such a blabber-mouth that she frequently carries my personal affairs to her work place to gossip about with her colleagues, or on the phone with her friends. It doesn't matter if I tell her something in confidence and beg her not to say anything, she'll do it anyway. :roll It's part of the reason we're not close. Also, she has made fairly derogatory comments about the idea of being gay or talks about it with a negative connotation. Although she's said she wouldn't care that much if she ever found out my brother or me are gay.

I don't want people to know about my sexual interests due to of course the fear of negative treatment for it, but it's also because I'm still a little unsure where my sexual interests stand before I confidently go there and come out, if I feel that I do identify with being bi. Since I have no experience it's hard to know for certain whether or not it is a fleeting interest or here to stay and definite.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts