Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my mom to work. There is a stop light where you have to wait in order to cross over into the left lane of the highway due to construction. The right lane doesn't have to stop, but this one old lady stopped. Well this one guy with this old pick up behind her was honking his horn to get her to move, but she refused. All of the sudden he floors it and goes up onto the sidewalk to get around her. :lol

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Sometimes you just gotta be somewhere quick and dumb or over cautious people get in your way. I rarely get road rage but I understand where he might be coming from. Maybe he was just a douche...who knows.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
theres a lot of road rage here in vegas. this past sat i changed lanes so i can make a left turn and the guy changed lanes to the right of me and gave me a dirty look. i guess he thought a dirty look is intimidating

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like someone needs anger management. :lol:
They all need it up here. They drive like maniacs. I don't know what the hurry is. There is 200,000 people in the whole U.P. of Michigan. What is so important these people got to do. There is nothing but rocks, swamps, and trees. Half the time they just sit on there butt drinking beer.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Wow, some people *sigh*.

I've never experienced road rage as far as I can remember.

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theres a lot of road rage here in vegas. this past sat i changed lanes so i can make a left turn and the guy changed lanes to the right of me and gave me a dirty look. i guess he thought a dirty look is intimidating
One time I was coming back from Marquette. There is a passing lane just after you get west of Ishpeming. Well there was a mother and it's ducklings crossing the road there. Well I had to completely stop for them. This idiot comes barreling up behind me passes me, flips me off, and almost hit the ducks. He swerved all over the highway to miss hitting them. Luckily, he didn't hit them. Stupid idiot. Why do you think I am stopped in the middle of Hwy 41?

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
One time I was coming back from Marquette. There is a passing lane just after you get west of Ishpeming. Well there was a mother and it's ducklings crossing the road there. Well I had to completely stop for them. This idiot comes barreling up behind me passes me, flips me off, and almost hit the ducks. He swerved all over the highway to miss hitting them. Luckily, he didn't hit them. Stupid idiot. Why do you think I am stopped in the middle of Hwy 41?
I had that happen to me once on a two-lane one-way street. I was stopped and so was the car next to me in order to let some Canadian geese cross the street. A Jeep came up behind me and wouldn't let up on the horn, which, of course, scared the geese and made them freeze in the middle of the street. Eventually, they made it and we drove away. But, man, was that guy a douche...

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
I'd get pissed too. Some people don't even know the rules of the road. The best is when people are turning right and stop at a red light, even though they can go as long as there isn't a "no turn on red" sign. Definitely gotta lay on the horn then. ;) Everyone drives like old people up here, even young people, so I'm always laying on the horn because they glide past stop signs or block up the left lane.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I'd get pissed too. Some people don't even know the rules of the road. The best is when people are turning right and stop at a red light, even though they can go as long as there isn't a "no turn on red" sign. Definitely gotta lay on the horn then. ;) Everyone drives like old people up here, even young people, so I'm always laying on the horn because they glide past stop signs or block up the left lane.
i got dinged in my dmv drivers test for making a right turn at a red light. she said that as long as the red light is red i cant make that right turn even if there is no oncoming traffic. that was in cali though

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
i got dinged in my dmv drivers test for making a right turn at a red light. she said that as long as the red light is red i cant make that right turn even if there is no oncoming traffic. that was in cali though
From CA DMV website: "Solid Red. A red signal light means "STOP." You can make a right turn against a red light after you stop and yield to pedestrians, bicyclists, and vehicles that are close enough to be a hazard. Make the right turn only when it is safe. Do not turn if a "NO TURN ON RED" sign is posted." So was there a "No turn on red" sign present when you did that?

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
And this is what happens when someone who learned to drive in Boston moves to Alaska. ;)

Have a nice day,

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
So was there a "No turn on red" sign present when you did that?
that was back in 1999. i didnt see one but i might have missed it

edit: but i do remember that she (the person grading me, whatever their title is) said that just because there is no oncoming traffic on a red light means you can make a right turn. she didnt say anything about a sign

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that was back in 1999. i didnt see one but i might have missed it

edit: but i do remember that she (the person grading me, whatever their title is) said that just because there is no oncoming traffic on a red light means you can make a right turn. she didnt say anything about a sign
You have to stop if traffic is coming just like there is a stop sign. Once there isn't anything then you can go. You have to make a complete stop though, not a 5th gear stop like most people do. :lol

·
Sassy
2,222 Posts
And this is what happens when someone who learned to drive in Boston moves to Alaska. ;)

Have a nice day,
Apparently! But I'm happy to say I don't drive like I'm in a coma. I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten run over, in crosswalks! I'm hoping for a gentle hit to make some money during my unemployment. ;)

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
A right turn on red light is definitely allowed in California. Unless a sign says otherwise, of course. Maybe you didn't come to a full stop?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It's scary to hear that this kind of thing is occurring in small-town Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It's a slippery slope. People will drive on the sidewalk in Duluth, Madison, Grand Rapids, on down - spreading throughout the country. :lol

Which person profile would your coworkers be, Copper? :lol

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
It's scary to hear that this kind of thing is occurring in small-town Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It's a slippery slope. People will drive on the sidewalk in Duluth, Madison, Grand Rapids, on down - spreading throughout the country. :lol

Which person profile would your coworkers be, Copper? :lol
Which means the trend started in Canada. :afr

Have a nice day,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts