Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Semi-retired" SAS Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In all honesty my real life's ambition is to be a stay-at-home dad. Seriously. I don't mean laying around and doing jack all day. I already do a majority of the housework--dishes, laundry, vaccuming, picking up, taking out the trash, as well the yard work.

My wife works long and late hours. We both work full time. She is a college graduate and salaried professional and brings in the lion's share of income, but we still need the additional income I bring in from my low-wage-paying job to get by right now.

We've talked about the possibility of taking that route after she gets her master's in social work and gets her clinical practice license (which she wants to do), and would be able to bring in a lot more income. She's worried about me becoming too socially isolated, which I guess is a real concern....

Hey, I have a question for those of you here who don't work (and aren't in school), and are willing to answer. How do you get by.. or, what are your living arrangements? Parents? Spouse? Public assistance? I'm not judging anyone negatively at all... I know how debilitating this illness can be, and it's perfectly legit if you can't work because of it. I've nearly been, and could still end up, there myself. I'm just curious, thats all.

·
Registered
687 Posts
My husband works and I started receiving Social Security Disability in June. Before that I was getting disability through my insurance from my last job.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
My parents still support me. Without them, I'm almost sure I'd be homeless and/or dead right now because I really don't think I could make it on my own. I'm trying to find a job but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Nobody wants me. And I'm literally uncomfortable with the 99.9% of the job descriptions I read, but I apply for them anyway because I know I have to get something going soon. My parents wont support me forever.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Maybe you could quit your job sooner than you think by reading "Your Money or Your Life" by Joe Dominquez and Viki Robin. It's a very good book.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts