Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts
I'll try to be truthful here. I'm an old fart relative to most. That said, our current society and women do not value shyness and SA. "Confidence" comes from a history of having social influence. Women can sense intuitively whether you've been a "leader of the pack" (remember that song?) and for how many years. If one hasn't been a social leader the first 20 or 30 years of ones life, it's never going to happen not even in a thousand years unless society broke down and there were more women relative to men or some other reality different than our own in the last two centuries.

So yes, SA men like me are losers. It's hard to accept. I struggle with what else am i going to do with my life now that I'm a loser. Do I care to contribute to this fricken society which is only happy for the social winners who get the desirable women? Then one wonders about how much the rest of the world has it worse and we Americans are a spoiled commercialized herd. And many of our young soldiers are killed off before they even reach 30.

One can dream and hope, then get knocked back to reality quickly when facing the same dreaded social situations again.

Maybe the only solution would be to start over again, and learn to be someone of significance from preschool again. there have been threads posing this question. But who would want to relive life over again. Interestingly many SA people voted they wish they had never been born on those threads.

I'll try to be truthful here. I'm an old fart relative to most. That said, our current society and women do not value shyness and SA. "Confidence" comes from a history of having social influence. Women can sense intuitively whether you've been a "leader of the pack" (remember that song?) and for how many years. If one hasn't been a social leader the first 20 or 30 years of ones life, it's never going to happen not even in a thousand years unless society broke down and there were more women relative to men or some other reality different than our own in the last two centuries.

So yes, SA men like me are losers. It's hard to accept. I struggle with what else am i going to do with my life now that I'm a loser. Do I care to contribute to this fricken society which is only happy for the social winners who get the desirable women? Then one wonders about how much the rest of the world has it worse and we Americans are a spoiled commercialized herd. And many of our young soldiers are killed off before they even reach 30.

One can dream and hope, then get knocked back to reality quickly when facing the same dreaded social situations again.

Maybe the only solution would be to start over again, and learn to be someone of significance from preschool again. there have been threads posing this question. But who would want to relive life over again. Interestingly many SA people voted they wish they had never been born on those threads.
Well I'm depressed.

as physically strong and agile as women like to think we are, dangerous tasks and fighting wars probably has more to do with men's overall physicality than it does with expandability. :idea

Women are all asexual beings and they're not attracted to men sexually. They're all either, bisexual or lesbians... but mostly lesbians... Truth. ;)

as physically strong and agile as women like to think we are, dangerous tasks and fighting wars probably has more to do with men's overall physicality than it does with expandability. :idea
I think it's a combination of both. A single man can impregnate several women, but the woman has to carry that baby to term and that takes 9 months. So you don't want to fight a war where your sending all your women to die. I think that's where the whole "women and children first" during an emergency thing comes from as well. If there's danger and many are about to die, you want to save the women first, because they have the longer role in the birthing process and are thus less expendable when trying to rebuild a society.

I think it's a combination of both. A single man can impregnate several women, but the woman has to carry that baby to term and that takes 9 months. So you don't want to fight a war where your sending all your women to die. I think that's where the whole "women and children first" during an emergency thing comes from as well. If there's danger and many are about to die, you want to save the women first, because they have the longer role in the birthing process and are thus less expendable when trying to rebuild a society.
well I think you just reiterated to me 'reasons why men are expendable' but OK.

Even in a relationship, sex is like a chore to women.

After the guy finally makes a girl he's gf by exhausting all his money and energy chasing her like a dog, and virtually begging her to be his gf...This is how it goes:

Guy: "hey babe, wanna have sex?"

Girl ponders... **hmm well he buys me dinner and pays for my gas, and I have nothing better to do and if he leaves me I won't have those things**

Girl: "sure, why not."

Even in a relationship, sex is like a chore to women.

After the guy finally makes a girl he's gf by exhausting all his money and energy chasing her like a dog, and virtually begging her to be his gf...This is how it goes:

Guy: "hey babe, wanna have sex?"

Girl ponders... **hmm well he buys me dinner and pays for my gas, and I have nothing better to do and if he leaves me I won't have those things**

Girl: "sure, why not."
:popcorn

just wanted to say that it's not always as simple as, guys need to approach or it looks bad and girls shouldn't approach because it looks bad. speaking from experience, I've pretty much been the more aggressive one (initially at least) in all of my relationships except for one, and the dynamic worked out fine...guys didn't think less of me for it as far as I know, and I didn't think less of guys for being shy. it actually made things more interesting, if you ask me. :stu

I've been working on improving myself, with a goal of being someone who I think is relationship material.
For example, I've been running for a month now, and I'm semi-fit. Feels great really. My next goal is to get a job, and learn to drive, and after that it will be to improve my social life.
They're not hard goals imo, I just get over stressed when I think about going straight to women, straight to my future in this world.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.