Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a while but finally yesterday I decided to go to the gym by myself. I know I have to make more of a habit doing this because the only way to get into shape is to exercise consistently. But I feel good about going to the gym by myself and working out. Nobody cares what I am doing at the gym everyone is doing their own thing.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well done! That's great :) I used to be scared of the thought of going to the gym but it is quite enjoyable to go to the gym by myself.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Keep working out!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yay!!! I'm happy for you. I agree, exercising consistently is key, and why risk ruining your health.

Something you may want to consider--joining a class. It has helped me shed more calories and I've actually met a nice person. We're not friends outside the gym yet, but it's a start. And an easy way for me to work on socializing more.

·
Suit up!
390 Posts
Wow that's great! I used to regularly go to the gym for around 2 hours a day, but I started skipping every now and then and well... it sort of just became a habit and my anxiety came back. I feel so out of shape now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats great =] .. i used to go to the Y (but stopped cause well of anxiety and cause usually i need loud music or something so that i would want to exercise lol) but now i just work out at home.. working out is always good!! for your health and other stuff like energy

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
That's brilliant Jordanmorrissey :D

I've thought of joining a gym quite a few times, but i'm not sure what to do once i'm in there. I'm worried about using the machines wrong, or not doing enough, and thinking people will laugh at me because i'm quite skinny. I wouldn't feel confident to ask anyone for help with what to do. I guess I just haven't a clue what its like inside the gym, so the fear of the unknown stops me joining.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts