Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work today a good looking girl came my way who i kinda knew but i was a shambles, all nervous, couldnt say much....i managed to make excuses and slipped out the back door 😅

·
Registered
239 Posts
I sometimes feel that society and the media have done us all a disservice by showing all these beautiful women. In fact, many of them aren't really so pretty, they are just made up very well. That as it is, like many men, I like to look at attractive women. I think my mother didn't help me when she would loudly point at pretty girls on the street, at school, or in church and tell me that "that one is pretty, you should go talk to her". It made my anxiety worse.
I'm not much of a conversationist, so that doesn't help much, but still there's been a few dozen women in my life I've managed to have nice conversations with. One of them actually was a beauty queen (1st Runner up for Miss America). I went to the same college as her and she ended up in the computer lab one evening (this was way back when everyone didn't have a computer and people used computer clusters run by the school).
Anyway, It's doubly hard to talk to attractive women, but you really have to just try to put that caveman that lives inside most males back in his cave. (No. You aren't going to have sex with this woman. Put that idea back where it belongs.) Just try to have a pleasant little chat with her, or even just a greeting and a smile, and count that as a win.
You really have to play the numbers. You aren't going to hit it off with the first pretty girl you talk to, but if you want to hit it off with any girl, you'll need to talk to a bunch of them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts