Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is how i feel about it , i don't think its helping me at all the only way i feel its helping me is me talking it out and someone actually listening even though you could do it with a friend to bad i don't have "real" friends i could do with so i have to pay someone do it , suggestions my therapist makes they make no sense to me , maybe its because i analyze myself 24/7 and i have got to know myself over past 5-6 years , the only benefits i see in it is medication and talking it out with someone but i wish i could share it with a friend and i wouldn't have to pay money for someone to listen what i have to say and whats going on my mind.Does anyone else feels this way or am i looking into therapy as its suppose to be some kind of cure?

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
How long have you been having therapy?

A friend wouldn't listen the way a professional does ...... wouldn't be able to analyse what you say the way a professional can.

Just a thought: are you REALLY listening to what he/she is saying, or are you only half listening because you think you already know all the answers?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you been having therapy?

A friend wouldn't listen the way a professional does ...... wouldn't be able to analyse what you say the way a professional can.

Just a thought: are you REALLY listening to what he/she is saying, or are you only half listening because you think you already know all the answers?
I have been in therapy for past 4months but before i was in it for 6 months and then i dropped cause i felt like it wasn't helping me at all and i was doing good for a while until this last christmas i started having alot of suicidal thoughts and panic attacks i had to ask for my mom's help to sign me up for therapy again and im happy i did.

Yes i am listening to what she has to say but i feel like i am talking to a person which doesnt understand me at all and doesnt relate to me maybe its the therapist fault i don't know , she would say some stuff about me which i do know already usually the questions i ask and the answers she gives me makes no sense in any shape off how would they benefit me.The only thing i feel like is helping is the medication.Im not sure what should i expect from therapy tho.

·
I'm a Spartan.
680 Posts
Yes and no. Right now, my therapist isnt really helping with curing SA but she is helping me in other areas. I suggest you to check out www.fastereft.com or www.social-anxiety-solutions.com . Both will cure your SA. Remember what I said it will cure SA not reduce.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes and no. Right now, my therapist isnt really helping with curing SA but she is helping me in other areas. I suggest you to check out www.fastereft.com or www.social-anxiety-solutions.com . Both will cure your SA. Remember what I said it will cure SA not reduce.
Thanks the fact is i think i am doing okay job by myself and i think i could manage without my therapist i truly have no tingly feeling in my stomach when i go out or when i talk to people and just trying to get use to attention even tho i will be continuing therapy cause i believe medication benefits me and i need a friend to talk to.

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
It may just be that you haven't found the right therapist yet. I didn't strike lucky until the third one I saw. She was great ..... absolutely on the same wavelength as me, so different to the two I'd seen before who seemed to be simply quoting from a text book and not bringing anything individual to the discussion. With the first two I felt that if I had the same book that they were quoting from I could have saved the NHS some money and me the bus fare and all the panic and stress going into town to see them gave me!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts