Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago when my SA was on the upside I bought a bright red, and somewhat ostentatious sports car. It's the type of car that will turn heads at some corners and merit the occasional question from complete strangers. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm on stage at every stoplight and I can't stand it anymore. I purposely take longer routes to avoid busy intersections and stoplights just to stay calm.

Since it's financed, if I was to sell the car now I'm out at least 10 grand from taxes, interest and quick depreciation. I will be forced to blame my SA for losing out on a car I otherwise enjoy.

Does anybody else feel this way about their car or driving in general?

·
SAS Master
943 Posts
That's an interested point....I'll take that into consideration in the future when I'm buying a car. I don't know if flashy is really my style though, but I would like a nice motorcycle.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
When I think about getting a car, I always think I want something that will make people look at me because I think if other drivers see me it'll lessen my chances of getting into a car accident and having to socialize with someone who won't be totally happy that their car is damaged....

·
4 + 1 = MOO
1,410 Posts
A couple years ago when my SA was on the upside I bought a bright red, and somewhat ostentatious sports car. It's the type of car that will turn heads at every corner and merit the occasional question from complete strangers. Unfortunately, I feel like I'm on stage at every stoplight and I can't stand it anymore. I purposely take longer routes to avoid busy intersections and stoplights just to stay calm.

Since it's financed, if I was to sell the car now I'm out at least 10 grand from taxes, interest and quick depreciation. I will be forced to blame my SA for losing out on a car I otherwise enjoy.

Does anybody else feel this way about their car or driving in general?
Ferrari?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I think about getting a car, I always think I want something that will make people look at me because I think if other drivers see me it'll lessen my chances of getting into a car accident and having to socialize with someone who won't be totally happen that their car is damaged....
That's a very interesting outlook. I have never been in an accident after 9 years of driving and all my vehicles have been red. I think it's safe to say having a bright colored car isn't all bad.

·
A Living Woman
3,464 Posts
That's a very interesting outlook. I have never been in an accident after 9 years of driving and all my vehicles have been red. I think it's safe to say having a bright colored car isn't all bad.
:yes Has its benefits!

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I say go with the tinted windows idea. And is it just the colour of your car? Maybe it'll cost less to get it painted another colour?

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's a new one. I've heard of being embarassed of how bad a car someone is driving. Never heard of them being embarassed by how nice it is.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I've always thought about that. I think about the colour of my future car if I have one (I know nothing about cars, so that's about as in depth as I can think about one), and I would want something conservative and that blends in. I refuse to drive my sister's car because I feel like it's too noticeable.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmm mazda's are nice. if only it wasnt red. costs more on insurance
For sure, I don't know what I was thinking. There's 2 other colors that were offered that I'd rather have instead. Cosmic blue and black, but for some reason I wanted the red at the time of purchase. It looks good, but sticks out like a sore thumb. Random people even follow me around looking to race, I HATE it.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
My sports car is blue, and yes, I do get people turning heads. :).
I wouldn't worry about it. If you are just paying attention to the road, you're fine. I have been known to flash a smile, though. If you earned that car, enjoy it. :) That is what I am doing - I love my car :).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts