Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have one freind here In england, Who I would stay in contact with. But do you ever feel like moving to a small country/state or wherever where nobody knows you? Because Most people know me around where I live and I HATE That, it really stops me from going outside.

Do you ever feel likes this?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
thats exactly the reason for why i decided to move to a different state and the same reason for why im moving again

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
But moving to a different country or state could be a tremendously terrifying task for a SA sufferer, who would have extreme difficulty contacting all the people and businesses and government entities that would be required to make it work. I think I could be pretty difficult and you would have no guarantee that your new location would magically make you any happier.

·
Registered
270 Posts
leaving it all behind and starting over is cool

leaving it all behind and starting over in solitude is noble and respectable

living with my parents at the age of 28 and giving a speech on this subject is pathetic; but I'm on the right track

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've done that and its practically changed my life.I had an extremely difficult time bumping into people i knew, similar environments which were not exactly helpful for my behaviour.I believed i needed something totally new,to try be indepedant so i moved to another state alone, a city.If you really want to and you have nothing to lose(if it 'fails' you could always return) i'd say do it.

Been almost 5 months now, returning home soon

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
I do, but im not sure if I could go through with it, losing contact with family ect. doesn't bother me much its just that I wouldn't be able to cope for long.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Been there, doing that. Not what I had hoped for but read on.

I moved to Canada from Australia with the hope of beating SA. Reality is that it did not work that way. But I think in a round about way it may be working.

What it has forced me to do is get my life on track, from the ground up. I spent the first 7 months going backwards without even realising, slipping into a deep depression. Until I hit breaking point and had to fix things. I have worked on my health which has helped with my moods, confidence, leading into social skills and finally less anxiety.

So instead of beating anxiety, I have got myself into the best shape I have been in in 6 or 7 years. I have a healthy diet plan, I am more confident and comfortable. I may not have beat anxiety but I think I am on the right track to minimizing the pain it causes.

Would I have been able to do this with out moving, maybe, but I have had to do it here. I have found what I was looking for when I moved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts