Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to bring it up last time I was there but he just kind of blew it off. I don't feel like I need SSRIs anymore, I'm tired of taking it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I tried to bring it up last time I was there but he just kind of blew it off. I don't feel like I need SSRIs anymore, I'm tired of taking it.
Congratulations on being free. Psychiatrist are known to blow patients off when they try to address concerns or want to get off of meds. It's your treatment and if you don't want to be there anymore than you tell the psychiatrist that and stay persistent. You have to put your foot down sometimes to make your point and do not tolerate their behavior. I have experience with this and it was the best decision I have ever made in my life; saying no to the psychiatrist.

You can either walk out and never come back or give it 2-3 months to ween off the medications; that choice is yours.

Good luck and let us know what happens. :clap

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I would get off SSRIs ASAP but for different reasons.

When I was on paxil I literally had no idea how much it was working and affecting my brain/behavior (in good and bad ways) and so I would not care about taking it anymore and I would miss days and stuff and not think it was a big deal bc I felt like I didn't need it. But after I got off it I really realized how much it f***ed with me.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Tell him, your young and its ruining your sex drive!!!

·
Phucked
739 Posts
Just tell him you're going to stop the med whether he agrees with it or not.

·
Kitten lover
53 Posts
Try "I DONT WANT TO TAKE THESE DRUGS ANYMORE" lol

Seriously bro if you tell the doctor you don't want drugs then he has to comply with your wishes. You are the one with the power here. You are the customer. The doctor is there to help you. Just let your wishes known and if he dismisses you then find another doc.

·
4,175 Posts
Why do you want to quit SSRI's? Just interested in hearing it from the horses mouth. For me, personally, I willl likely never touch SSRI's again. Way too many drawbacks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
tell him you're doing it with or without his help. Tell him you would prefer to have help because you don't want to lose it and have a breakdown or anxiety attack.

That should get him to believe that your serious :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A lot of people asking me why I want off...

- It has done nothing to help my sleep and if anything has made getting deep, restful basically impossible. It's just non-stop dreaming every night which makes me mentally foggy and slow throughout the day.

- It isn't a long-term solution and IME is inferior to meditation, mindfulness and ACT.

- It's expensive and not fair to my grandparents to keep spending money on 10 min office visits to re-fill a prescription. My doc doesn't even take the visits seriously.

- I don't feel like have SA anymore. Actually, I don't have SA anymore. My bigger problem is OCD and as I stated in reason #2, there are better solutions imho.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts