Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 2013 and I want a robot already! I was watching Harold & Kumar Christmas. There was this silly Waffle Bot. I want to something like that. I think it's very doable. We have the technology.

Any suggestions?

·
Lookin' for the sky...
251 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are robots you can build, but for a company that wants to make a robot that moves and cooks food there is too many things that could go wrong. I don't think you'll find anything like that. You could always learn the basics and then make your own.

https://www.youtube.com/results?hl=...2U&biw=1143&bih=758&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=w1
I should have been clear. I don't want it to make waffles. I don't like waffles (don't tell wafflebot!).

I just want a robot that can navigate my living space, say cute funny things and maybe fetch a beer from the fridge. I know fetching beer from the fridge is not easy so that's optional.

·
Docile
1,622 Posts
I should have been clear. I don't want it to make waffles. I don't like waffles (don't tell wafflebot!).

I just want a robot that can navigate my living space, say cute funny things and maybe fetch a beer from the fridge. I know fetching beer from the fridge is not easy so that's optional.
They should at least have made a mobile remote control mini-fridge or something, by now. :yes

Or you could get one of those beer-launching refrigerators.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's 2013 and I want a robot already! I was watching Harold & Kumar Christmas. There was this silly Waffle Bot. I want to something like that. I think it's very doable. We have the technology.

Any suggestions?

Not to derail the thread but Wafflebot was awesome. Was one of the best parts of the movie.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol :') This is worthy of kickstarter. 5$ donation to you, sir.
lol. I bet if I would get all my funding if wafflebot could roll a joint.

·
Lookin' for the sky...
251 Posts
If I make a robot that makes waffles you guys would buy it? I could do that. Does it have to do anything else?

·
Registered
69 Posts

What you're looking for is called a woman.

·
Registered
221 Posts
People have been building robots for a very very long time. Anybody remembers Robot Wars? (Robot Wars Clip).

There's lots of info about robot building. If you live near a University with an Engineering Department, chances are there's an Electronics Surplus store near you, filled with parts and gears.

For an autonomous robot like what you just mentioned, you'll need to add 2 things to the old battle bots:

1) Sensors
2) Brainz

The sensors give the bot the ability to get real time data about the surrounding environment. That's easy. But #2 requires a bit more knowledge about microprocessors and programming.

I've been toying with the idea myself... for years. What I want to make is a floor cleaning bot... kinda like the rumba. But mine will have a more powerful vacuum, bigger cargohold and longer battery life. It will look like an R2D2 in size. :D And it will do EVERYTHING from sweeping, mopping, carpet steaming and cutting the grass in the yard.

Note: About the wife-bot. If the japs were making these some years ago: RObot Violinist Clip, I have no doubt there's already an operational wife-bot in a lab somewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts