Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is girl that works at McDonalds and she is really really cute. I'd like to ask her out on a date. But, I am inept around girls and I wouldn't even know what to say to her. Plus there would be people around since I would have to do it at Mc D's. An I would probably come sounding like a stupid stuttering joke.

·
Registered
631 Posts
"hi I've seen you here a few times and was wondering if you would like to get to know each other a bit more?" "what time do you get off work?"

simple as that. haha sure i can type this on a computer but could i ever say it...NOPE
theres a cute girl that works at the local store that i would love to get to know and ask out, but of course i cannot even use my own help. of course i have never done it, but sometimes i think nike is right...just do it.

good luck man.

·
Registered
129 Posts
No matter where you look on how the approach girls, you will discover that there is no secret thing or magic trick that you can win her over. Everybody will say things along the line like: be confident, funny (use context) , just ask her out, etc...all those things that are wayyyy easier said than done.

·
Retired Bingo Cook
11,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:thanks for the help.

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
Practice on girls you don't like first. If you can't approach them, then approaching the one you DO like is going to be a disaster.
And if the girls he doesn't like actually want to go out with him... then what?

This advice keeps coming up, but using people who don't suspect a thing in an effort to get something YOU want is lame. If something has to get hurt, then let it be your own ego and not someone else's feelings.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Try to find out if she has a bf first so you don't get your hopes up and waste your time.
The best way to do this is to ask her if she is single because it makes her think, it also sounds better than "do you have a boyfriend?". (or so I think/have been told)

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
You people are going about this wrong. OP is most likely as inept around guys as he is around girls. Unless he starts learning the basics of forming friendships with other guys, there's no way he can ever have whatever it is he wants with a girl.

I don't understand why people on this website keep wanting to run when they can't even walk.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
The best way to do this is to ask her if she is single because it makes her think, it also sounds better than "do you have a boyfriend?". (or so I think/have been told)
I'm a girl and they both sound ok to me. I think it's better to ask this before asking for her number.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think it's better to ask this before asking for her number.
I agree with this completely. I find myself writing my number on bills and receipts from restaurants all the time when I'm with friends. It doesn't usually lead to anything...now that I think about it, it's kind of like chickening out by not talking to them.

Got off-topic, my bad.

·
Banned
2,407 Posts
I agree with this completely. I find myself writing my number on bills and receipts from restaurants all the time when I'm with friends. It doesn't usually lead to anything...now that I think about it, it's kind of like chickening out by not talking to them.

Got off-topic, my bad.
Yeah. It works in two ways 1) you compliment her by assuming she is "too good" to be single and 2)you get your information before jumping the gun.

Off topic oh well

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
There is girl that works at McDonalds and she is really really cute. I'd like to ask her out on a date. But, I am inept around girls and I wouldn't even know what to say to her. Plus there would be people around since I would have to do it at Mc D's. An I would probably come sounding like a stupid stuttering joke.
Chicks find confidence attractive. The act of talking to her will be seen as attractive.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
You people are going about this wrong. OP is most likely as inept around guys as he is around girls. Unless he starts learning the basics of forming friendships with other guys, there's no way he can ever have whatever it is he wants with a girl.

I don't understand why people on this website keep wanting to run when they can't even walk.
I agree. Many guys without gf's because of social ineptness can't even have a proper relationship with their own mother.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Does anybody think that a very direct (but still classy!) approach would ever work for something like this?

The idea of meandering around my real intentions and feelings, basically flirting, just sounds so idiotic to me, not that the people who do it are idiots of course. Why not spare the awkward crawling and just say, with a smile, "hey, -insert polite introduction here-, and I'd like to get to know you better." Something to that effect?

Every time I read advice about hinting, implying, etc, I scratch my head. It just seems so pointless. "Look dog, you gotta say this, but not this, and while you can do that, you can't do this because you'll look like this." I refuse to believe that expressing romantic interest has to be that complicated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.