Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Breathe...
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im part of a club in my highschool and once a year we go to Six Flags for this huge rally thingy for a fundraiser. The very few friends i have in that club didnt want to go so i went with 4 girls who were best friends, another girl and a guy. Well, the 4 best friends went on a different bus so i sat with the other girl and guy for two hours. They were Micheal and Sheena. My SA has died down for awhile but i knew i would have trouble talking to the 4 best friends, since, well, they were bestfriends and probably had a lot of inside jokes and i dont have a lot in common with them.

So while we were almost to Six Flags, i told Micheal and Sheena that i have a lot of anxiety with the four best friends. I mean, why not? Whats the worst that could happen? At least if i started to act awkward/wierd they knew it was because of that and that im not actually awkward/wierd at heart.

It turns out they were really supportive about it even though they were kinda shocked. Micheal told me that if it felt like anything went in a wierd direction- to just scream "BREAD". I never used that but when i asked if i was odd/told him i was getting nervous, he told me i was fine.

I felt like i overcame something that day. I cant put my finger on it, but my confidence boosted :3

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
That's a hard thing to do! I've thought of doing this as well but, it seemed way too hard for me...

Congrats! Great thing you did!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts