Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I met up with her last and we were talking and I was talking about how there were rumor's about me and her and how I people thought that I was out to hurt her and play games with her and interrupt her life because she rejected me before. She told me she never heard these rumors before and that she wouldn't believe them, and we had a discussion on that where we brought up related stories, then bounced away from the topic but went right back. After some time, I was with her alone and there was some silence so I told her, "So this is why I wanted to meet up with you. I wanted to tell you that I really do care about you and you mean a lot to me. You are very significant in my life so far and I don't want to loose you" and when I said that she smiled and looked down and to her right but when she smiled it was kinda like an awkward smile but I'm not too sure. She brought her foot back as well and she was staring and smiling for about 10 seconds. I'm not too sure if it was a creeped out smiled or a sincerely smile.

She's very quick to change conversation topics but this time she let it linger for a few seconds before she asked me which way I was going to go to walk home. We never spoke about this since.

Right now it sounds good to me but so many people have told me that they have spoken to her and she has said that she does not like me and will tell me to my face the next time she has to talk with me. Her best friend told me that she definitely does not like me and she will tell me that she doesn't like me to my face. She didn't say anything last night when I told her all this. To me it seems good but she rejected me twice before hand when I asked her out over Facebook, and there's rumor's that she likes another guy. Any advice? With all this info I'm a little confused.

Oh I'm not too sure if this helps but she's very fast to try to fix awkwardness. Whenever someone I knew walked by she instantly changed personalities but as soon as they were gone, she became serious again. I'm just a little confused because she has rejected me before and there's all this information I'm hearing about her from other people.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
In summary:

She has rejected you in the past.

2. You confessing your love to her has led to an awkward silence.

3. All her friends are telling you she's not into you.

4. She avoids you on facebook.

Yeah, the picture seems pretty clear. Time to move to more fertile lands to spread your seeds.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
But the thing is after I told her and saw her reaction and told others, people think that she may like me. She does not avoid me on Facebook, I stupidly asked her out on Facebook but that never created any awkwardness. She still messages me and if anything she messages me more now. All my friends have each told me different stories but her best friend told me she does not like me, but when I put the girl I like on the spot, people said that she said she'll tell me she doesn't like me and leave, yet she didn't do anything which leads me to believe otherwise.

When I told her I liked her she smiled but I don't know if it was an awkward smile or a good smile. It did not lead to any awkwardness and she continued talking to me when I was walking home with her

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Well, then only one way to find out for sure. Ask her out one or 2 more times and if she keeps declining, she's not into you.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Why don't you just ask her instead of one of her friends? Or have you done this already? Just ask her how she feels about you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that's the thing. I'm not exactly too sure how I should approach this. Lately I've been getting much closer to her and it seems that even though I screwed up, I may have a chance. I don't really want to mess this up, but I'm not too sure how I should go about this. Do you guys suggest I ask her out on a date first or just straight up ask her how she feels about me? I appreciate all your responses! :) I'm glad that you guys are taking the time to help me out :)

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Casually ask her to hang out

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I'm going to try to do that today. If I can get alone with her I'll ask her out. Hopefully it works! Thank you for all your advice! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts