Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post and I just joined this forum and not too long ago. Today, I finally told my dad about my social anxiety. Of course my social anxiety is only self-diagnosed, but I know what I'm going through, and my dad is going to set up a doctor appointment so I can get help.

Every day before I went to bed I would tell myself, "I'll tell my dad tomorrow, for sure!" and I became more and more upset after I wasn't able to gain the courage to do so. Even after the worst days of not being able to socialize, I would come home and not be able to tell my dad.

It took me about an hour of thinking in my room before I realized I had nothing to lose, walked out of my room and told my dad, and the best part is he understood, or at least pretended to, but either way I'm just glad he didn't respond negatively. I feel like the biggest battle of my social anxiety has been won, acknowledging and sharing the problem to others.

I hope my story can help those of you who have not told anyone about your problem, and that you too can be able to reach out for help. You may think the problem will fix on its own, but the first step to recovery is acknowledging the problem. I know it's not easy, trust me it took me years to finally tell someone, but once you finally do it you'll be wondering why you wasted so much time before telling anyone.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Way to go!

It's really not the worst thing in the world to deal with!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts