Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have anything near it? a fan? speakers?

some things give off strong magnetic fields that disrupt the tube inside the monitor. that is, assuming it's a crt? lcd i don't think has that problem.

if nothing is near the monitor that is causing that (moving stuff around will show you), you could find the degauss button... and give it a shot...

otherwise, it might just be at the end of it's rope :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what are the specs? maybe you can get away just buying some ram :) that's what i did with my friend, she was about to buy a new box and i got her to try with more ram... runs like a charm now

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ya 400mhz is pushing it... and the ram for that would be too expensive because it's the older type which has less demand so they jack up the price :\

·
Registered
350 Posts
Play with the buttons in front of the monitor and see if you have a option to select "degauss". I had a pink tint to my monitor when I moved it at work yesterday and this solved that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I must go to bed I thought this post said "I think my mother is dying" I thought.....Why would that be in this section.....

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I've had a few CRT monitors die on me; they seem to last around 7 years of heavy usage, on average.

I use all LCDs now, I don't know if their survivability is any different (none are more than a few years old), but they sure are a lot nicer to pick up and move around :)

-Ryan

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
Paranoir said:
No it doesnt make noise. I found a temporary solution. I just give the monitor a good whack and it goes back to normal. Occassionally the blue will return, but i just hit again. :lol
:lol Thats probably your best bet until you have enough money to buy a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts