Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
in SA recovery
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow...a few months ago I would not have been able to notice something like this. I was stuck so deep in my own social phobia that I wouldn't have been able to notice it in other people.

But now that I have been doing therapy for a few months (and have been high on Zoloft for the past few days, feeling confidence and power like never before), I am beginning to notice how other people, people who I had once thought were self-assured and on top of everything, are actually pretty insecure.

But one of my friends really concerns me. She acts a lot like I did before I went to therapy. She doesn't contribute much to the conversation because she "doesn't have any good ideas," she backs down a lot when confronted. You can just tell she's scared all the time. And then we both have this friend who tries to get her to talk more and it just makes her feel worse.

She wants to be an elementary school teacher, but she is way too anxious to speak in class. And she dreads the act of socializing with kids even though she loves them and is passionate about teaching them.

It's really sad, because she's so nice and so sweet, and I don't think she's aware that she probably has it. Should I tell her? And would she believe me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its so nice that you are caring for others :) The first thought that shouted into my mind is that you should write her a letter, carefully mentioning that she might have SAD. Dont forget to clearly emphasize that you also have or had SAD, so there would be bigger chance she wont run from you. After that, try talk to her. Give her a link to this forum :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.