Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's all I can listen to nowadays, seriously. Everything else sounds so boring. His stuff never gets old to me. I am going so far as to get a tattoo related to him. I don't know what it is about him. Plus, I am not your typical gothic kid either...you'd never know I listened to Manson. I talk about him as if he is a god though. What if he brainwashed me? Haha

·
Registered
102 Posts
lol that's funny.

I wish Manson and Evan Rachel Wood were still together. They made such a cute couple, and since the break up, her wardrobe and hair has been horrible.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I actually bought 'the golden age of grotesque' last week out of curiosity for what he sounded like. I'll admit I was a little disappointed. It's a fun listen but the lyrics have no real impact or meaning, and the music is a little uninspired.
I absolutely loved his speech in "bowling for columbine", he seems to understand misfit teenagers very well and conveys that in his music. I just don't think he's as talented as Trent Rezor of NIN, or John Davis of Korn.

I almost bought "smells like children" instead but I would have felt like a pedophile taking it to the register :).

·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
76 Posts
Dnt u dare get a tattoo of HIM!! he's so scary!! seriously put on sum high school musical and really lyk REEEEALLY listen to the lyrics and stuff. u sud be grand then haha

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I actually bought 'the golden age of grotesque' last week out of curiosity for what he sounded like. I'll admit I was a little disappointed. It's a fun listen but the lyrics have no real impact or meaning, and the music is a little uninspired.
Doll-daga-buzz-buzz-ziggety-zag has no meaning?? :eek: lol yeah, it's a much less serious but fun album. If you want meaning get Antichrist Superstar.

I almost bought "smells like children" instead but I would have felt like a pedophile taking it to the register :).
The only album I don't really like. It's mostly remixes of Portrait songs.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Dnt u dare get a tattoo of HIM!! he's so scary!! seriously put on sum high school musical and really lyk REEEEALLY listen to the lyrics and stuff. u sud be grand then haha
Yes, if you really want to have nightmares, put on some High School Musical. It'll make you so depressed you'll want to throw yourself out the window. :lol

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I would hold off on the tat if you're only 17. I used to like him when I was that age too but grew out of it really quick. I think you should wait a few years to see if you still want that tat on your body forever.

·
PASTAMANIA BROTHER
441 Posts
If I could get instrumental versions of a few of his songs without him singing over them then maybe I might like it since I kinda like the music in some of those songs. Otherwise, no... Not a fan at all.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I always liked type O negative better for the angst filled boris karloff sounding horror music. Manson takes himself way too seriously.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
never listened to his music really (except i know i don't like his cover of "tainted love" by soft cell!) but i loved his interview on "bowling for columbine." i love him as a person.

·
Banned
545 Posts
IF you like manson, you might like something like 'type o negative - summer breeze', 'my life with the thrill kill kult', skinny puppy, and 'Tool (particularly Opiate, although ænema is their best album!)

I havent listened to manson in like 12 years :p

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I'm not familiar with his music. I just know he has a freakish androgynous look that always made me never want to get to know his music.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Manson has been my favorite band since '95. I still think Portrait is my favorite album of all time.

I'm going to the Meyhem festival in 2 weeks. I can't wait. This will be my 7th Manson show I think.

·
The way out is through.
171 Posts
Hey, me too! What a coincidence, I just saw him at Mayhem Fest 2 nights ago, and I met him briefly in Hollywood about a month ago (shook hands, exchanged a few words). Anyway, YES I'm an epically huge fan. Without MM I wound be a completely different person. I'm so glad I became a fan and turned into the terrible nihilistic remorseless person that I am now =). This is a band that made me feel good about being myself when others gave me the impression that there was something wrong with me.

He's all I can listen to nowadays, seriously. Everything else sounds so boring. His stuff never gets old to me. I am going so far as to get a tattoo related to him. I don't know what it is about him. Plus, I am not your typical gothic kid either...you'd never know I listened to Manson. I talk about him as if he is a god though. What if he brainwashed me? Haha
He's not a god, believe me he has lots of faults, and they're starting to catch up with him. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take anywhere near the amount of cocaine or absinthe that he still does lol. What he is though, is a role villain, and sometimes we need someone like that to show us that our "faults" are often not faults at all, they're what make us special. Also, the music is ****ing trippy as hell. If you pay attention to lyrics at all, you'll still be finding deeper and deeper meanings in his stuff for years.

I wouldn't recommend getting a tattoo just yet though. Give it some time, see how you feel about it in a year or two.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I def don't look like I'd listen to Manson either.
Have you read his book The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell?
It's an amazing and twisted book.
I LOVE MARILYN MANSON.
His music is amazing. His look freaks me out a bit, but he has an image to sell and create controversy right?

The Dope Show and The Beautiful People are two of the most amazing songs ever.

I really started to respect Brian Warner when I saw Bowling for Columbine and he was interviewed after he was blamed for the school shooting by those two kids who were listening to MM before shooting up the school or whatever... (a scapegoat).
When Micheal Moore asked Brian Warner if he could of said something to those kids what would it be and he simply said "I wouldn't have said anything I would have listened, which was what everyone had failed to do."

..as mentioned above..

He named the album smells like children because children signify innocence.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts