Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I don't like either of them at all and when I don't like something, I have an extremely hard time motivating myself to do good work.

The two classes in question are English and political science. Both of them have a fairly hefty participation grade - I just got a small accommodation (that manages to make the class even more complex, yay) set up with my political science discussion leader, but I'm still expected to actively participate whenever possible. As for English... I've simply been procrastinating hardcore, and I haven't submitted either of the two assignments that were due last week. I'll be meeting with my professor tomorrow to get some advice, but I just really don't give much of a **** about either of these classes, apparently, and it's starting to show.

I really don't wanna fail anything so soon. I just started college. :(

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hang in there!! Just keep doing your HW and spend at least 1 hour a day studying for each classes. I study 4-5 hours a day because I am full-time student and majoring in Nutritional science. Not fun :( I am not failing, but I am in danger of failing. hah

I always end up doing somewhere else while studying, so it is not easy. ha ha.
So far, I haven't made any friends in school, but I joined some teams to play for my school. I will be playing softball, soccer, and floor hockey.

·
Don't Stop Believin'
912 Posts
At least you're taking classes that you need...I'm in classes that don't even count toward my major at the moment because I wasn't thinking straight during registration.

But if you want results you have to put the effort in.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Lately, my better essays have been the ones that I've completed in a single sitting, as opposed to gradually completing over a week long period. Maybe give that a go: grab some snacks, head to the library in the early hours of the morning (when there's no one else around), and just keep your eyes on the prize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts