Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with social anxiety. Seriously.

It might be just a good phase of a large amount of self-confidence, but then I think not. Because now I actually choose when I'll be around people or not. SA doesn't make the decision instead of me.

Last week I broke the ice with an old friend whom I hadn't talked to for months. And I succeeded in going out with her and her company. They were all strangers, but I managed to make small talk with them here and there. And all that without getting all red and shaky.

I'm about to go to a big house party on Saturday. I'm a bit anxious about it, I must admit, but all that bunch of negative thoughts I had before don't bother me anymore.

The only thing that's left to do and that frustrates me is to get into a large group of friends as I've always wanted, and get the chance to go to events. I don't know how to find the connections though...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this? If not please move it, thank you.

Anyways, I just hope I'm really really done with this **** called social anxiety.

·
Merry whatever
2,136 Posts
It must have been tough to overcome SA; good for you for reconnecting with your friend as well as meeting her friends. Hope you have fun, and meet new friends at the party!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts