Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there another term for health anxiety that's not quite as severe as hypochondria? I'm not obsessive about believing I have a particular disease so much as I think I have MANY diseases, mostly ones that impact my senses (terrified of vision and hearing loss) and ones that are just more... cosmetic, I guess I could say (which plays a role in me believing that I might have BDD).

Anyone else going through this as well? :\

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. Funny enough, I have a big fear that I have an autoimmune disease (mostly lupus, MS, and RA, to smaller stuff like alopecia universalis), and while it's not completely unwarranted, every single test I've had done so far has come back negative - but it doesn't change how my mind feels about these symptoms, or how my eyes often feel weird or I get strange nerve pain, mostly ever since I had this big freakish flareup involving angioedema and urticaria... I simply can't stop myself from being concerned over EVERY LITTLE CHANGE or feeling in my body, and it's sort of ruining every aspect of my life. :( Hell, I convinced myself for long time I had cancer, lipedema/lymphedema (due to doctor incompetence, even though I went to a surgeon for a second opinion and he said everything looks totally fine - I still can't even look at my legs, just in case), and suddenly I seem to think I have Lou Gherig's disease... it's a terrible thing to deal with imo, even worse than social anxiety for me.

·
SAS Member
1,267 Posts
one thing i learned in life is if something bad is going to happen to me its going to happen i can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst i use to think and worry i just had a disease or a condition and went to drastic measures to make sure but now i just gave up and hope for the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts