Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's crazy I can't look people in the eye and i go red if someone looks at me, I don't really get the racing heart anymore as bad as I used too (I'm 19) when I was like 15/16, but the biggest problem is I have aspergers so the reason my SA has gotten worse over the years is because of getting frowned upon for years for saying things inappropriately in public, that is a big thing in aspergers for those who are unaware. Anyway I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread, I never have the energy to do anything, as my SA causes me to be depressed the majority of the time, I've taken different SSRI medications in the past which have helped, but just make me feel high as hell, I hate struggling around people and it's like the only thing that completely eliminates my social anxiety in public is getting drunk before parties, but then when drunk I make a show of myself and end up coming home sick early from excessive alcohol abuse! I've tried the whole vitamin b12, B6 diets, I've smoked cannabis, I've tried lots of herbal remidies, I take zinc and magnesium everyday with a muti V, I also take 5htp and while all this does make me feel cool, I still don't feel as anxiety free as what benzos and alcohol bring, why? surley there is a way around this, I'm a strong strong believer in meditation what buddhist monks do, but there is hardly anything on youtube about meditation techniques, the only tutorial videos are the same which all say 'watch the breath'

now watching the breath does work I must admit, but it doesn't work good enough due to me having poor breathing rhythms and bad patience, there is like 1000s of types of meditations and i bet most of them work but I just don't know how to do them!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am also 19 and i blush and sweat pretty often but it's just one of many symptoms that people with anxiety have. The problem isn't really the blushing. It's the negative thoughts that triggers the blushing. It's kind of like a wake up call from your body that lets you know that you are resisting the present moment or some **** like that.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I sweat so much. I have naturally sweaty hands and feet, and it really makes me nervous to touch people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts