Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
molaurie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I have finally decided to get on here and start posting, after having sporadically browsed through posts now and then. This seems like a great group of kindred souls. I can relate to SOOOO much of what I have read on here.

Anyway, about me: I have suffered from SAD all of my life, and I'm now 46. I believe I was born with it, and this predisposition was reinforced by my environment, being raised by 2 socially anxious parents.

Alcohol and prescription meds. helped me deal with it until I went into recovery 4 years ago. So now, without my crutches, here I am, struggling to deal with my extreme shyness and sensitivity. In a nutshell, IT SUCKS...but I am currently working towards acceptance of it, and using the 12 steps, which I learned in my recovery from alcoholism/addiction.

I was fired from work last summer, several weeks after disclosing(reluctantly) to my supervisor my SAD. I am appealing this on the basis of discrimination due to disability. Although going to court next month TERRIFIES me!!!

Well, enough for now. Thanks for being there, all you fellow sufferers, and for understanding!

Laurie

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Laurie :wel

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi :)
I just want to congratulate you on having the strength to overcome alcohol and use the 12 steps. And face the problem without the crutches like you said

XOX

·
molaurie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi :)
I just want to congratulate you on having the strength to overcome alcohol and use the 12 steps. And face the problem without the crutches like you said

XOX
Thanks! And many, many thanks to all of you who welcomed me so warmly! I am SOOOO very glad to be here!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
welcome molaurie, sorry to hear about your difficult times, im so glad to hear that u overcome the alcohol problem, and im sure i'll be saying the same very soon when u beat sa.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, MoLaurie! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts