Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, I feel so anxious on a level I never experienced, to the point I think my mind has turned so to say. My anxiety is so bad right now it's just taking a bunch of needles and jamming it up my skin, my heart seems like it's about to give. It's like I'm going to go down.....

I always been all right about handling social situations and keep positive upbeat, functioning, but I'm finding myself in recluse. I lost all motivation of giving a damn about what other people think about me as long as they leave me alone. I'm preferring to be even more quiet than I already am these days and my mind feels like someone punched my head over 100 times.

I look in bad shape, physically I am fine, but my mind is like aching, to the point where my friends and family expressed concern and want me to get help. But I can't, I got responsibilities at my job, commitment at school and I don't see I can overcome this because at least before my SA was somewhat under control. Now this damn anxiety is interfering with everything I do. I'm going down hard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Brightpaperwarewolf, i know how you feel. It feels like the world is caving in, that theres this knot in the middle of your stomache that you can't remove and all you want to do is to cease to exist. I went and saw a doctor, and he said that when that happens its really important to either relax or take something to help you relax because it can possibly damage your brain. He prescribed me some valium, but I havent tried it yet. I think you should definitely go see a doctor though. Best wishes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
wow this is interesting bc it looks like all guys are responding here. Seems to me you feel too much pressure/responsibility to perform, do what you're expected or want to do?

I don't actually experience this type of pressure, so maybe this is a guy pressure thing...maybe you should give youreself a break, Rome wasn't built in a day, and no one is perfect. One step at a time. And remember to take good, healthy care of yourself, which includes healthy food, rest, and stare at the clouds time, and play time!!! This is healthy self care, you are a human!

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
...I look in bad shape, physically I am fine, but my mind is like aching, to the point where my friends and family expressed concern and want me to get help. But I can't, I got responsibilities at my job, commitment at school and I don't see I can overcome this because at least before my SA was somewhat under control...
I don't quite know exactly what you must be feeling right now to be honest. and I don't know what your exact situation is regarding finances and all that (is that why your job is important right now?)

However I am familiar with the 'I'm stuck in life' feeling; feeling like there's no solution to your problems because you have all these responsibilities. Imo you are getting stuck in the smaller picture. Zoom out and look at the bigger picture. Sure you have job commitments and school, but first of all how much of these will be affected by taking time out (if that is necessary) to heal yourself? What will happen if you continure this way; how will it affect the performance at your school and job? Is continuing the way things are a realistic option? I'm sure you've had these thoughts, but I thought I'd write them down at least.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I know what it is like for people to be concerned. My teacher at school this year sincerely told me to take care numerous times. I wonder sometimes if my symptoms read out that loud??

Though, I think that it is super great that you are going to school and have a job. Your not going down. If it's interfering with your life, meds may be the right thing, but it definately won't solve the problem. Maybe, you need to work out. Exercise seems to help with my anxiety. You need to find ways to take care of yourself. Give yourself me time outside of school and work.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what it is like for people to be concerned. My teacher at school this year sincerely told me to take care numerous times. I wonder sometimes if my symptoms read out that loud??

Though, I think that it is super great that you are going to school and have a job. Your not going down. If it's interfering with your life, meds may be the right thing, but it definately won't solve the problem. Maybe, you need to work out. Exercise seems to help with my anxiety. You need to find ways to take care of yourself. Give yourself me time outside of school and work.
I been feel quite better, I'm not sure why I have these constant ups and downs. I'm trying to focus on the things I do have and the things I'm good at and it's making me feel a bit better and looking at the realistic picture. I have it pretty good, I have a close-knit family, good friends who have SA themselves and are understanding, my work, my school, and I do exercise quite a bit, focusing on my karate a bit more, amping up the body-building and yoga and making new goals because I felt like I just been going through the motions, now when I'm working out, I'm pushing myself harder than ever. Sure I don't have everything, but why let what I don't have drain my soul of the things I do?

The goal now is to make my moods more consistent, not have these peaks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.