Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my successful conversation with a girl. It was after church in the basement, we were eating, she was sitting across me with her brother and I was sitting next to my friend. She talked to me about art, her drawings she did in college. I had to say something so I did. I talked back and was nervous. I could tell others knew I looked nervous just by their facial expression. She knew it too but responded. Omg, it was hard, I sounded robotic, this is not how I really talk, but how I talk to people I don't really know. It didn't last that long but it was an attempt. This occurred many years ago, now I'm 27. She was a relative. My father is cousin with her father, what does that make her? I've known her since I was a kid and all we really said was hi, that's all, or she would ask me questions and I would respond. I'm so pathetic, right? Just admit it. 27 and never had female friends? I don't even have friends right now. My social anxiety is worse now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I believe she's your second cousin. You're not pathetic, I'm a girl and I find it impossible to make friends with other girls. Guys are so much more straight forward... and not simple but having a friendship with one is simple. I guess the easiest way to talk to a girl would probably to stop thinking of her as a girl. She's a person she has interests and likes to talk about herself (at least most non SA people like to talk about themselves). If you ask questions and listen politely I'm sure you'll get the hang of talking to her eventually.

·
Rest In Pepperinos
1,454 Posts
Hey man i sound robotic too when i talk to girls. a funny story that happend recently. I was at work. and i stepped outside with a bag of chips to eat (was almost lunch so i decided to take a mini lunch before having my actual lunch haha) Then in the corner of my eye i saw this girl approaching me and i tried my best to avoid eye contact with her.cause i knew she was coming to ask me something. My instincts were right. and she said "hey do you know if that store is still open" I stood still for good 2 seconds and i was like uhh im not sure(with my mouth full of chips). Then she was like "but i swear it was open not long ago.Then i responded i dunno and just shrugged. I made myself look like a complete dumb*** lol...I suck having convos with girls specially.over the top attractive ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.