Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a lot of things to kill time. I read books, I occasionally played on my keyboard, i went out for long walks and i even wrote a novel which is horrible but thats kind of the point. I could've done a lot more but im still proud of myself.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Well done!:) I can barely go a day without the internet:blank

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I did a lot of things to kill time. I read books, I occasionally played on my keyboard, i went out for long walks and i even wrote a novel which is horrible but thats kind of the point. I could've done a lot more but im still proud of myself.
That is awesome moveon!!!!! Many of us are so dependent on the internet, television and computer, we can't go without it for one day!!!!! So that is great that you did without it for one week!!!!

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
what is this thing "novel"?

seriously, well done, you *should* be proud of yourself. I wonder how many minutes I could go without internet. Although, having said that, I don't have television. I barely even watch movies anymore. maybe that counts.

·
Koala Crisp
1,885 Posts
This is a triumph over society as well as anxiety lol. That's really great. Do you think it was beneficial to your SA or just a well needed break?

·
Cynical Idealist
1,339 Posts
I've noticed that if I immerse myself in work, or entertainment other than movies, games, or internet, I don't really miss it if I'm away from it for a long time. I had some weeks in college where just getting everything done required 16 hours of my time every day. During those points, I never really missed any of my normal time sinks, and enjoyed it all simply because I felt important to myself and the people I worked with.

·
SAS Member
2,346 Posts
That's great!

·
Former SAS Member
381 Posts
I am trying my best to cut down on the whole Internet addiction of mine. It's really preventing me from getting adequate rest per night.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And thats all you have to say?
haha i'm a man of few words.

I also spent a lot of time just thinking about life. You should all give it a shot. Im going to cut back on my internet/TV time now. I won't spend more than 2 hours a day doing those things. Tell someone about your goal or make a topic in the Goal Setting forum so you feel that you have to do it. And thanks for the kind words. I didn't expect that so many people would respond. It means a lot.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is a triumph over society as well as anxiety lol. That's really great. Do you think it was beneficial to your SA or just a well needed break?
I don't know at this point. But i feel that television and internet aren't as important anymore. I appreciate long walks in the nature much more and i don't look forward to sitting in front of the computer like i used to after school.

This is awesome im going to re-read all of your replies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts