Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met a girl the other night at a party-she is the friend of the person who threw the party. This is the first time I had met her, and I thought she was very attractive.

Anyway, I got talking to her. She told me about her job, training etc. She was quite quiet and was not feeling too well.

She was due to leave and I asked if she was getting home ok. She said a family friend was picking her up. It turns out the family friend was a guy she is with. A bf, or a guy she is seeing.

I just don't get why she didn't tell me she was seeing someone. Why did she say he was a family friend?

Can any girls help me out here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Maybe she didn't tell you that because it's not serious and she is keeping her options open. Shoulda tried to get her # and then you could have gotten a more concrete answer to that question.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not been on a date in a while.

Wanted to get her number but she seemed kinda shy and quiet.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Not been on a date in a while.

Wanted to get her number but she seemed kinda shy and quiet.
So shy and quiet girls shouldn't get asked their number?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So shy and quiet girls shouldn't get asked their number?
That's not quite what I was getting at. She seemed a little reticent and I didn't want bombard her too much. Plus she wasn't feeling too well so I didn't think it was right to put her under pressure.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
That's not quite what I was getting at. She seemed a little reticent and I didn't want bombard her too much. Plus she wasn't feeling too well so I didn't think it was right to put her under pressure.
If she wasn't feeling well, then I highly doubt she would have had the energy to play games with you. She probably just said family friend because it's less awkward than saying "**** buddy".

·
Registered
97 Posts
She may not be sure what the guy is to her. I wouldn't worry about a girl being quiet/shy, being asked for your number is always a compliment!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
she likes getting attention from guys.

she also may not be opposed to breaking up or cheating on him.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Yeah maybe she didn't want to make it awkward around you? Maybe she really is just shy and didn't want to make you feel bad.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never asked for her number. I should have huh?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If she wasn't feeling well, then I highly doubt she would have had the energy to play games with you. She probably just said family friend because it's less awkward than saying "**** buddy".
Is the whole "**** buddy" situation really that mainstream?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts