Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been hired recently as a junior marketer at a new company. As a starter I had to dig into other things other than what I really should do. I have been involved into social media, PR management, copywriting. I have been assigned to some tasks in these fields and now the manager also wants me to do marketing for the company (acquire new leads, that's what I have been hired for).

It is my 3rd week now and I am afraid I will not be ready to perform. I get anxious at work and I start to get depressed once I have something to do because I know I have a lot of other tasks alligned for me already. And on top of that, one co-worker makes fun of me telling I don't do anything and just waste company's budget, I try to replicate nice to that but it adds up and it's not funny anymore. The director and the manager know me as a nice guy because I would do everything they tell me but I think I am going too far from what I really should do.

What do you think I should do in this situation? Quit my job?

Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
For starters, ignore your co-workers. Whatever you do, don't get to their level. If they really insult you, just defend yourself but don't insult them back. A fun way to look at these co-workers is pretend they are an annoying barking dog or that fly that just won't go away.

You continue to focus on your work and you will get rewarded. Whatever you do, don't quit. Just deal with it and fight on. No matter where you go, you will always encounter annoying co-workers. If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing worry about. Just go with your instincts and work hard!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts