Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my life, I've been trying to go from having a full blown case of SA to pretending i was like everyone and being outgoing and fitting in with the crowd. it wasn't until recently that I realized that I have to take baby steps.
So my first baby step- my goal- is to master conversations. It doesn't even have to be interesting and I won't feel pressured to throw anything whitty or funny in, I just want to be able to keep a conversation going smoothly. Once I can do that, then I will move on to finding interesting topics or throwing a joke in every now and then.
If no one here has ever read any of my posts before, let me just tell you I am a very motivated person! So setting a goal is always good news for me- because I know I'm going to do it!
If anyone has any advice on how I can achieve this goal, it would be much appreciated! =]

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ahaha your not gonna believe this, but not five minutes after I wrote this, I had a conversation with my roommate! which is a big deal for me, because it's hard for me to talk to my roommates! It was short, because she was about to get in the shower, but it went smoothly! =] one down, x to go =]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts