Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a big thing compared to alot on here, but it is for me. I volunteer in a shop, and I noticed one of the staff. She was physically stunning, and had the most amazing personality. She was funny, smart, but had enough shyness in her to make her aproachable. Well just my luck she was going to leave the week after I met her. I was working the same as her last shift. I hadn't really spoken to her, but I thought what the hell, and set out to charm her.
Well I spent the day just talking, trying to be funny, and I actually made her laugh. She ended up inviting me to her going away party. At the end of the night I said I would look her up on facebook, and she gave me her number. Now normally that would be it, SA would kick in and wouldn't ever write to her again. This happened with a girl I met in Paris, she gave me her email, and emailed me. I never wrote back, because, well what would I have to write about. I live a borring lonely life.
Well I couldn't find her on facebook, hidden profile or something. However this time I sent a text message. Just wishing her luck with her studies. Anyway I'm not delunded, I know that more than likely she won't call back. After all I'm a guy she met twice, who is two hundred miles. Still at least the ball is in her court, I tried, and that way I don't have to wonder about what could have happened.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
aww that's great!! *air high five!!!* =)

·
insert witty comment here
6,198 Posts
She gave you her number. She might well be in touch! If not, you could text her one more time in a few days. Ask her out for a coffee or so. What do you have to lose? :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good job.
I'd text her again, just to see what's going on. It couldn't hurt.
Still a bit worried about becoming the amazing stalking guy. Trouble with SA people is we tend to go to extremes. Most of the time we think that people dislike us, until somebody seems to show a bit of interest. Then we can latch on like a limpet. Leave it at one message, if she texts back great, if not; well at least I tried.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
This is great. :) I hope you hear back from her. I agree it wouldn't hurt to try again if you don't--I don't think two messages quite qualifies as stalking.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok she actually texted back, saying thanks for the message, and telling me she started her first day at work. Slight prob, not sure what to do now. I want to keep this girl in my life, and she will be back for the holidays. Question is how do I do this? Text her back, when does that become too much? Basically I need to know what a normal guy would do.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Text back and suggest meeting up. Dont leave replying for too long.
She is kind of two hundred miles away. I know Americans commute longer distances than that, but in Britain that is a long way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts