Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And he was very, very good! I was kind of surprised at how much I enjoyed the concert.

My ears are still ringing from the loud. But I've now turned into a huge Bruno fan.

He gets my respect for not lipsyncing, and actually being able to sing and play instruments live.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He really is. He's a showman, and manages to entertain as well as sing. He dances well, he sings really really well, and he plays a mean guitar solo (seriously, he was shredding the guitar at one point, sounded like Eddie Van Halen.) And he plays the drums and piano really well.

I also like that he writes his own songs. I understand why rock fans hate him, but he's actually very talented for a pop artist. Much, much more talented than all of the others on the radio.

·
Pondering.
632 Posts
Aaah, i'd love to see him live one day! I've seen many of his live performances on YouTube and it seems he puts up a great show!!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Nice, I wasn't sure if he wrote his songs. He's definitely really talented, that's the appeal for me. Like you said, he seems to be good at everything and I like his style and most of his songs. He has a couple shows around here soon, I'm hoping I can get tickets.

·
Banned
6,324 Posts
What the hell does that mean?

If you're trying to make a joke, about me, it's in very poor taste. I have generalized anxiety disorder, I get scared at concerts, and I'm glad I went.

If you're saying that you dislike his music, you could have stayed out of this thread?
You didn't see his little joke...re-read your thread title.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A quick picture of a few members of his backing band. I didn't get very many good pictures, but I did tape the concert (audio)

I like other artists, like Pink Floyd and Yes, a bit better. But while some of those artists can be darker, Bruno Mars is just feel good music. It's like the best of the 50's and 60's mixed with the best of today.

I've never been to a concert that had a big band behind the artist. He had a full horn section!

I downloaded a torrent of all the songs that weren't on his albums, but were sung by him. 70+ songs. And he's working on a new album...can't wait to hear it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts