Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im 35 years old and prior to January 2013, i really didnt have any problems with anxiety spefically but I am an introvert and really don't go out alot. I've never dated, never had a relationship and am still a virgin.

I work in the family business that I do more out of duty than interest, and i still live at home with my parents and my favorite passtime is or WAS i should say was video and computer games, RPG's MMO's and RTS's mostly then books, music and TV would come second.

I come from a big family and have cousins within my age group and i would on occasion go out to dinners and movies with them when they call but not often. I would go just to make them happy and just to change change up my environment a bit and I would always look forward to coming back home to get back on the computer and enjoy my games again.

This issue is this, my anxiety kicked in out of nowhere in full force the night i got sick 1/8/2013. I couldn't sleep at all that night, I started wondering and worrying why I couldn't sleep at all that night despite the fact I took NyQuil and then started feeling anxious. I had to get out of bed and start pacing around the house. I would do this until my body got worn out and i would still pace worrying and being paranoid.

Then I started asking myself, why the hell am I feeling this way i can't relax!! What's wrong with me?? At this point, I started getting bored of the computer/video games. I bought new games to play but quickly got bored playing them.

Up until now, I can't seem to focus. I can't keep my mind occupied to relax myself. The things that use to interest me before seem meaningless to me now. I can't read, I can't watch TV. Nothing. I'm at my wits end. I have alot of sleepness nights, I sill pace around the house everyday/everynight. I don't wanna be alone now, I always need my mother by my side for support and I don't want her to feel overwhelmed with my problems. I also hate being home with nothing to do. I have been going to some family functions just to do something and see family. I also went to the gym twice with my brother to relieve the anxiety. It would work temporarily but the feelings would come back again.

I have seen my doctor and did a blood test and the test showed that I had low testerone. He advised me to raise my T level before I consider doing anything else, like take medication. So he prescribed me pills to help raise my T level naturally. Im almost done with the medication and am scehduled for a follow up on 3/1. In the meantime I will try to goto the gym more often to get my endorphins going.

I saw a therapist and he advised me to see a psychaitrist for meds to help me sleep. But I will hold off on that until i see the results of my testerone.

So in conclusion, I'm just at a point in my life where i feel like 'whats the point' I dont like playing games anymore so what else is there in life. I dont know what to do! I feel lost and empty. It's the most debalitating feeling and I hate it. I just wish i was engaged in my games again and enjoying them like before.

If anyone has a similar life situation like mine, please chime in and share your thoughts please!!

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I have low T levels as well and did a lot of exercise [of the wrong kind*] to try to boost it. *Wrong kind == I like jogging but I don't like weight lifting. I lack sex drive and feel it's more work than I can handle as I'm tired and weak a lot.

I'm glad you are no longer interested in video games. That frees up your time to probably develop a different interest such as computer programming, science (biochemistry, astronomy, etc.), and real life 3D babe watching [especially at the gym].

Maybe take up B-school accounting or information systems so you can one day rule your family business!

Also aside from NyQuil, try dramamine and/or melatonin to mix things up on different days. If you take NyQuil too much, you get tolerance or even sleeplessness.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You are lucky to have cousins in your age group to socialize with and do things with. Use that time to meet new people and make new friends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts