Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
finished uni!
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to a point where I've just about had enough. This is ridiculous!

At the moment I am desperate to do anything with my life. Anything. I don't care what, as long as I don't isolate myself.

There is nothing I want more than to finish university and try and get a job (any job: I don't care what, as long as I'm a productive member of society). I don't care if it's low pay, long working hours; just give me a job so I don't feel worthless. Is this too much to ask??

What really bugs me is people's attitude...they're constantly demoralizing me (including my own family). They're telling me I'm useless and worthless. That I'm capable of doing NOTHING with my life. I could understand it if I was a lazy bum not trying to change my life (but I'm not). I mean there has to be SOMETHING I can do with my life?

I'm completely selfless at the moment: the only reason why I want to finish university is because it's extremely fascinating, and the only reason why I want to get a job is so that I can be a productive member of society. I'm sorry if this sounds idealistic, but that's the way I am.

I mean there are people out there who are lazy and hate work. I would love to work, even if it's a crappy job.

They say I'm denying the truth; seeing things the way I want to see them. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm constantly questioning what's possible for me to do, but you can't tell me that's nothing?? There has to be some choice (or why am I still alive?).

Anyway, I just don't get what's with the demoralizing and laughing? Do they enjoy it? I'm confused. Very confused. No I really don't understand people. Calling Mars...these Earthlings confuse me; bring me back!

·
Registered
11 Posts
well firstly, congrats on attendin uni.....this shows your not worthless becuase your actually tryin to succeed :D unlike people that sit aorund doing nothing an sponging off the state..........
and the truth is there will always be people that try and put you down, but if you show them there not goin to get to you, who do you think will look like the fool at the end????
and there is something for you to do, ur at uni to get a qualification for a certain field a job will come in time, persistance is the key!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
"What really bugs me is people's attitude...they're constantly demoralizing me (including my own family). They're telling me I'm useless and worthless. That I'm capable of doing NOTHING with my life."
The fact that your own family is putting your down is questionable. I'm curious as to what makes them view you as worthless when they are the ones that seem useless. The fact that you have the balls to be attending university and going through all of that dispite having s.a. is very empowering to those of us who suffer and should be empowering to you aswell. If you are able to graduate im sure it won't be hard to find employment anywhere.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That sucks that your family puts you down. Don't let them get to you. Your wanting to finish school and get a job is nothing to laugh at. They obviously don't understand how hard that is for you and how big an achievment that is for someone with SA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.