Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
Aw, I hope this works out for you.

I laughed about the part about you catching bugs for her, I thought that was really nice.

This is bold. I wouldn't have the guts to put up there what you did. About not working and not driving and having no money. You're right, that's completely honest. I think you're right that that will mean you only get serious responses, because I can see that putting off girls that just are the kind of judgemental flaky type.

Are you looking for another girl with SA? I could see you getting a response from another girl who has SA, maybe.

I hope it works out!

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Copy and pasting profile onto my dating profile. Just kidding. Can probably find someone on sas who fits the description you want.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trouble is someone may find me as a match, but live nowhere near me. Reality is (especially since I don't drive) the Woman must be within a mile or two of me to even stand a chance. That's going to narrow my choices dramatically.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Offer them a trip to the Big Apple :). Of course they would have to fit the bill. But you could be the tour guide! I'm sure women from all over would like to see New York City.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Keith, meet Kool Keith.

Great bio man, real nice and honest like your heart shown the world, jus know it aint gonna get ya laid by most chicks. Only SA girls gettin vibes from that. Now I love some SA girls but the chances you findin a SA girl on dating site is downright miniscule. My advice…. don't focus on the *perceived* negatives in your life, and for god sake no talk about boobies till you at least SEEN THE GIRL. You off to a good start, jus write more positives and stop apologizin cause that aint necessary.

PS I & any woman ain't gotta know how your room smells unless you cookin me dinner. Room smell good cause you cookin food right?

57 Posts
The trouble is someone may find me as a match, but live nowhere near me. Reality is (especially since I don't drive) the Woman must be within a mile or two of me to even stand a chance. That's going to narrow my choices dramatically.
If she must live within a mile or two you may aswell do a neighbourhood doorknock :?. Seriously thats not the only thing diminishing your choices, Why the need to set 'rules' about a womans breasts in your profile? Your profile states all your shortcomings yet a list of her must haves, hardly seems reasonable. Sorry.

·
alles muß verblühn
398 Posts
If she must live within a mile or two you may aswell do a neighbourhood doorknock :?. Seriously thats not the only thing diminishing your choices, Why the need to set 'rules' about a womans breasts in your profile? Your profile states all your shortcomings yet a list of her must haves, hardly seems reasonable. Sorry.
I agree. It doesn't seem very fair. At the end of the day, isn't the heart and connection more important than physical appearance?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I would get rid of a lot of those details you provided in your profile. Better yet, register with POF. Tons of chicks on that website.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree. It doesn't seem very fair. At the end of the day, isn't the heart and connection more important than physical appearance?
I agree as well. I would just display less focus on physical traits.

But good on you for putting on a profile on OkCupid! If I am honest, I don't really dare to do it myself :teeth So good on you! I hope you will be successful in finding a partner through this method. Good luck :)

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was on the border about the breast thing, but most girls know or care how guys feel about breasts, it's a given. I don't like big breasted women, and whether they read it now, or I had to tell them in a message, there is no easy way to put it.

I emphasized about being natural or small, as that usually is what guys don't like ( or so I've noticed ) I have to be honest.

I know women with big breasts and they have all developed back issues with age. Knowing that, it turns me off. And I couldn't bare seeing someone get surgery for that.

Other than this, my whole profile is about personality or finding someone who has common interests.

I tried re-wording that part of my profile, no idea if I made it better or worse. Ironically all my "ideal matches" are overweight, the ones I dont find physically attractive. I admit, my significant other has to be somewhat attractive (what I find attractive), other part good personality and likes me back.

However, as far as friends, they would be great, looks dont matter in friendship. Mabye that's a start?

·
That way madness lies
411 Posts
Kudos to you! You're far more brave than I am!

I think you might be shooting yourself in the foot with the bit about your dating preferences. If you absolutely must mention breast size, it's sufficient to say that you prefer natural and smaller breasts. Leave it at that. Also, if you aren't interested in someone who messages you, you don't have to tell them why. There's no need to say, "Your breast are unattractively large and I've seen too many women with back problems" :b.

If you're interested in editing your dating preferences section but are unsure of how to go about it, I'm sure people here could toss out some good ideas.

Good luck!

57 Posts
I was on the border about the breast thing, but most girls know or care how guys feel about breasts, it's a given. I don't like big breasted women, and whether they read it now, or I had to tell them in a message, there is no easy way to put it.

I emphasized about being natural or small, as that usually is what guys don't like ( or so I've noticed ) I have to be honest.

I know women with big breasts and they have all developed back issues with age. Knowing that, it turns me off. And I couldn't bare seeing someone get surgery for that.
Geez your feet must be sore from all those conclusions you are jumping too!!

So a woman can demand your penis to be a certain length, girth, etc in a message and thats cool too, right!? :roll

With your attitude to women and relationships Im not surprised you are single. Its all about you you you.. what are you bringing to the table to offer her!!

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Holy wow, that must be the most brutally honest and forthcoming dating profile I've ever read.

I'm not sure the "lay out your whole life" strategy is a very good one for dating sites, but who knows... maybe you'll get lucky.

I'd suggest making some changes to your dating preferences section.

The bit about the breasts was most amusing... OK it was downright hilarious... But this isn't a good thing unless you were shooting for satire... I'd suggest getting rid of those comments.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is online, laying everything out will at least make sure that if you find someone, there will be no surprises from them, no fear of rejection for you, and no need for you to reject anyone. GL.

I feel like the profile's main objective as it is worded now is to prevent rejection from the other person though so that later, if something happens, you will be able to say "I told you how I was beforehand." It is very negative in tone, not balanced with your pluses and minuses. You start with the negatives instead of focusing on your positives. I'd suggest changing that. Start talking about who you are, what is important to you, how you live your life, etc. and then go into whatever perceived negatives you would like. I'd suggest doing the same with your thinking. After reading the whole profile, you seem like a decent guy. Just gotta see yourself that way.

And i agree with what was said earlier by one person about the breasts. State your preference, no need to talk about why you don't like large breasts.

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
If you're looking for a relationship, I'd think you want to exclude people from consideration who would clearly be wrong for you. I guess it becomes really important to be sure that they'd be wrong for you, though.

If you message a woman and she checks your profile and comes across the section about breasts, for example, and not fitting your preference decides not to message back, are you at all concerned that she might have been good for you in all sorts of other ways?

If that issue alone is enough to cause you to be uninterested in a woman who is otherwise attractive to you, then leave it in. If not, then think about a re-write.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts