Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Well, unless you are the best poet ever people will find something they don't like. Surely any criticism will be more helpful than people saying "yeah it's good" or being polite. Remember they're criticising your work to help you, not because they hate you personally.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
good job :) putting yourself out there is hard and it's great that you did. a couple things: no matter what you wrote, you did a good thing by writing it and it's automatically better than not having written at all. and also no matter what people say about your poem, you did a good thing by posting it. and you can use those comments to improve your work. and also I'm sure you'll get nice comments as well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations! I've done that myself a few years ago, posted a poem on a writing forum. That was scary but people were kind.
I've actually used "The Arts" board on SAS here for practice, I posted a couple of (very personal) poems here before I posted there, both to polish my poetry skills a bit and also because I knew people here are generally kind and supportive.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
I have never actually done this before with poetry. It is a great idea!

Hmmmm. As an artist, it really helps to get constructive feedback.. things that you see could legitimately improve the work. Sure, much of it will come down to personal taste, but having a fresh look on your idea helps to flesh things out. Others will help you with the technical aspects. The worst thing is to get no feedback whatsoever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts