Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I officially passed my final clinical placement for university, which means I can graduate!!! It has been a battle, having failed my last placement primarily due to SA. This one was also a struggle, but after being told I was at risk of failing again I pushed myself to do scary things like being assertive and taking initiative, making phonecalls etc. And I got there!!! I'm so glad because I really enjoyed the course, and I'm sure it was the right choice for me. So this is a good experience for me, and hopefully and encouraging story for other people with SA who are stuggling to achieve goals. It can be done!

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Well done supreme.mugwump :boogie:boogie:boogie. I am also in a similar situation and have about 400 hours of work placement left before I can graduate (and I've started on that 400 at a company where I feel pretty comfortable so far, knock on wood). I too have screwed up previous work placement opportinuties partly because of SA.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
You must feel immensely satisfied at this stage. Just think of all the hard work; on top of what any person without SA would have to do, you also faced the difficulty of overcoming your anxieties from day to day. I commend you. And well done!

·
Registered
378 Posts
CONGRATS! You make me hope that I can graduate university some day too! :D If I do it will take much longer than most people due to largely to SA, but I think I can achieve it and be the better for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts