Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would be so serious. I've had SA since early childhood years which I do believe the constant teasing at a young age has greatly affected my social abillities and how I am today.
First it was SA which I could deal with at a certain degree but it got more severe by passing months where I was no longer able to get a job, progress life and deal with other important issues. Depression started to set in, being more constant as I got older and OCD has started to rule over my everday life. I now feel like I'm losing my mind which scares me as I've tried so much to get better but it keeps coming back and more severe. Why it gets more severe? Cause I put so much effort into being positive that when something bad comes across, I fall back down again and the cycle repeats.
I've gone through many therapists/medications which has made no impact on me. Don't know why, maybe it isn't for everyone.

Why are you the way you are now? Could you of prevented it? What other problems has SA produced you?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have put up too many expectations for myself. physically and grade wise. this has caused me to spiral into SA. What would i have done? Chilled on the whole competition thing about grades. Not taken my looks so seriously.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I guess I probably could of prevented it, but at the time it was hard to change my thinking because I really didn't know anything. I probably developed some avoidance and a little bit of ocd behaviors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts