Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else never get excited about things?

There are things that happen that other people seem to get excited about but I just feel all but indifferent about it.

For example, I recently got accepted for some voluntary work at a national museum. This is something that I've wanted for a while because it is somewhere I would like to work one day. Other people that I know, who have gotten similar opportunities, always seem so happy and smiley about it but for me it's like it's just any other occurence, and I feel 'matter-of-fact' about it.

I've wondered if it's a type of anhedonia, but that is a total lack of enjoyment or pleasure, and I certainly feel those. I don't know what it is.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been depressed in the past but I generally feel quite positive now. I suppose it might be mild depression though.

It isn't something that has suddenly happened either. It's something that has affected me for many years.

·
Nothingman
962 Posts
I get this way too, and others have noticed it. I lost nearly 20 lbs in two months, and I just reacted like "ok." The doctor said to me, "all that good work and you don't even smile?" I've just gotten to the point where there's no need to feel excited.

I don't know if you feel this way too, but as a result it feels like my whole scale of emotions is skewed the wrong way...

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I get this way too, and others have noticed it. I lost nearly 20 lbs in two months, and I just reacted like "ok." The doctor said to me, "all that good work and you don't even smile?" I've just gotten to the point where there's no need to feel excited.

I don't know if you feel this way too, but as a result it feels like my whole scale of emotions is skewed the wrong way...
Yes, I have stronger feelings about things that annoy me rather than things that I find enjoyable, if that's what you mean.

·
Nothingman
962 Posts
Yes, I have stronger feelings about things that annoy me rather than things that I find enjoyable, if that's what you mean.
Pretty much that's it. I readily feel annoyed, and it takes a lot of work to feel good.

·
Akward
845 Posts
When I should be excited I'm aggravated.. Bipolar.... Hate this. Meds have yet to solve that specific problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts